Rate the 5 best SEC Rbs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vatz22AU, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

He very well could. And I understand the injury situation with Bruiser. But I honestly feel like he's being sold short. Talent wise, he's as good of an RB as there is in the conference. His blend of size and speed are extremely rare.

2. homertiger

homertiger Founding Member

No, no, no, you have to put Charles Scott ahead of McFagot! But I do agree with putting Hester ahead of Vincent.:thumb:

3. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Founding Member

1. Mcfadden
    2. Irons
    3. arien foster
    4. broussard (higher if healthy)
    5. darby

I think Irons has to prove that he can be as dominant as he was last year without the help of marcus mcneill this year. that guy straight blew up the best D tackle tandem in the country, and IMO (coupled with hard running from irons) was the big reason why auburn ran all over us last year. Mcfadden, Hillis, and Felix jones form the most potent backfield since Caddy and RB from what ive seen, not to mention michael smith, who was out for the season with a muscle tear last year apparently looked better than all of them before he got hurt and was expected to start the season (scary thought if hes as good as billed.)

4. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Couple of points. Remember that Lester was the starting Tailback ahead of Irons last season before going down with injury. He's the schnizzel.

If your going to add players that haven't even sniffed a snap yet, then you've easily got to add Georgia's Knowshon Moreno or Auburn's Ben Tate in the mix with Keiland Williams.

Have you seen McNeil's replacement ??? King Dunlap is 6'-8", 296 lbs, and is ripped! He's freakin' huuuuge. Better footwork than McNeil and faster speed ...... now it remains to be seen whether he can become All-SEC like McNeil.

JMO, but it's much more accurate to say that Irons will struggle for lack of a proven fullback to lead-block for him between the tackles. That's the reason McFadden should be #1, and it's why I listed peyton Hillis as the only FB in my list

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I would have the same 3.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

1. everyone

2. everyone else

3. jacob hester

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Irons and Darby sure looked tough last year, my nod to Irons. I'd like to see Alley B have a great season, and its possible, remember McGehee from Miami as a rookie with Buffalo. But it remains to be seen. Sometimes it takes 2 years to come all the way back.

I hope Alley comes back strong, gets drafted, and is even better in the pro's.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Irons, McFadden and Darby are all pretty close, with Little right behind them. All are a little different.

Irons is isnt flashy, just solid. You know he'll get the job done every game. Very explosive.

McFadden is a game breaker. Very scary to watch, for he can take one to the house on a any play.

Darby is a little underappreciated. He is on pace to be Bama's all time leading rusher, and that is impressive if you look at their o line last year. Can fake anyone out of their shoes.

9. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Exactly. He did all that last year behind that weak, unexp OL. The OL should be better this year, as should Darby. Seems like every team we played in the SEC loaded up the box, but Darby still got his. I love this guy, he's a joy to watch! :thumb:

10. Draino13

Draino13 Founding Member