Rating the 2015 LSU class

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by EyeoftheTiger 2015, Feb 4, 2015.

1. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

I'm not going to make a habit of questioning a kid's statements but we have a huge contradiction here. I have seen Tillery quoted as saying LSU, including Studrawa whose territory (N LA) included Tillery in addition to being his position coach NEVER contacted him. So which one is it? Did Studrawa never even talk to him or talk to him and made fun of being smart and focusing on the NFL. Sorry, I simply don't believe everything that comes out of Tillery's mouth. What he has said was the LSU wanted to move him to the defensive side of the ball even when they recruited him later (post Grimes hire) and he didn't want that. Now, ND is doing exactly the same thing. 'nuff said

2. EyeoftheTiger 2015

:cool: Agree with everything I didn't quote :D I question LSU haven't gotten any good TEs but we will see. Mouton is not going to be a TE. He is going to be an H-back or maybe even play FB. Even though our DL grades are essentially the same (mine B-), the difference is that DT did not need to be addressed. The state is loaded at DT next season and LSU has Lacouture, Godchaux, T Valentine, and you left out Trey L. That is not even including the milk carton guys of Gilmore, Herron, Bain, and maybe even Neal who played some inside last season despite being pretty light there.
    I think your B is a tad harsh for being the #5 class in the country but of course I graded down also at LBer which is why mine was an A- to begin with.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. Oliverjuggs

Oliverjuggs Senior Member

image.jpg

LSUDad likes this.
  4. EyeoftheTiger 2015

I'm going to have to put this in my signature...from the movie Starship Troopers:
    "Jean Rasczak: [to Rico] I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better."

LSUDad likes this.
  5. Oliverjuggs

Oliverjuggs Senior Member

I've heard more encouraging words, lol.

LSUDad and EyeoftheTiger 2015 like this.
  6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

You seem to be the only one I have seen think DT shouldn't have been addressed at all. That is fine. I expect some possible attrition and we can't count our eggs before they hatch. We need guys being developed now in case someone like Valentine has issues with keeping his grades where they need to be, we have DTs currently on the roster leave due to attrition or injury, and we can't just assume we strike gold with immediaete impact contributors in the next class. The staff wished they got at least one and so do I.

Guys like Shipley and Mouton are currently listed as TEs so I gave them a ranking. Shipley could be a very nice OL prospect and with Melvin Gordon leaving Mouton could become a nice FB or HB. They fit the running game we have in their size and blocking abilities. Until furter notice that is what we are a running team.

B sounds just about right to me. If we had 2 LBs, a DT or another DT/DE combo, and we weren't so offense heavy I would have given them an A. I don't look at rankings as I said before. I look at needs, style of player in or system, the quantity and quality of players in the state, etc...Other recuiting services have our class ranked lower as well.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Jones.

The staff wasn't gonna sign guys just for numbers. Detillier and I talked about this yesterday. Many times we were in a 5 and 10 package, also Mustang. Many times only 2 LB's were on the field. Kwan was getting bumps and bruises in game every time you turned around. And with DJ, most times you were only playing with 2, well that's what most say.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Thx

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

B, any word on the preferred Walkons ?

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Curious, Bran.

Does the lack of linebackers lead you to think Steele isn't going with a 34 defense?