Rating the 2015 LSU class

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by EyeoftheTiger 2015, Feb 4, 2015.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

As with any staff, teams are using 4-3 and 3-4. I don't see the shortage this year, depends on who they sign next year and someone leaving early.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think the lack of linebackers is because Chavis and crew really didn't make any in roads with legitimate targets over the last year and a half for some odd reason. Steele and Coach O really didn't have much to pick up from where they left off.

We have moved Voohries to LB and we need that to work out to provide depth.

I have heard we could be switching to a 3-4 and this class might force it it all honesty.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Haven't really looked into it yet other than CHS kicker and possible FB Lamarch(Sp?)

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

And the QB from Fla?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Thank you Captain Whiner.

6. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Admiral Whiner

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't see how we would do that unless Key comes in ready and I mean SEC ready from the grip.

Would have been nice to keep Hunter 1 more year and have him and Key on the outsides of that 3-4 with with Trevonte being the stopper in the middle.

I just don't see us with the depth at DL (a big enough or legitimate NG because that is the first and most crucial part to running an effective 3-4) or the LB's. If we can't field 3 how in the hell are we going to find 4?

TerryP and EyeoftheTiger 2015 like this.
  8. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

What does Voorhies weigh? Last roster list I saw he was at around 200. Too light to be a LBer. The last thing LSU should be doing is switching to a 3-4. Oh yeah, we are short of LBers so by all means, let's put another LBer we don't have out there. The depth is fine at DT and DE but LBer is the issue....should mean fewer LBers, not more on the field. I completely agree with your Chavis comment. Chavis was the one who didn't want McGinnis...a ton of other teams did and LSU never offered when he was here. Chavis was the one when in January had a grand total of 0 LBer commits and really none on the horizon. I feel sorry for Steele in that regard. Chavis underrecruited LBers for 2 straight years...2 LBers signed grand total the last 2 years. Grimes of course ran into the same problem with Studrawa's recruiting of OL...4 in 2 years, but of course he has been on staff a full year and has now signed about 6 (Domond counted) in essentially 10 months.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. EyeoftheTiger 2015

EyeoftheTiger 2015 Senior Member

Sorry, I repeated a lot of your post because just seconds after you posted, I posted. :D I will add a couple of things. According to James Smith, he expects Key to start for LSU at a DE position by game 6 of 2015 season. He says "he is the most talented DE on LSU's roster'. As far as Hunter goes, personally right now, Kwon Alexander looks much more the loss because of his ability and his position.

Your math equals my math on LBers. Hard to imagine making a problem area better by trying to find more LBers we don't have to play. :(

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Rough guess on a two deep?