Rational look at the game (with stats)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Oct 2, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you know what that tells me Fish, JJ is not allowed to do anything without the stamp of approval from the coach. He has been instructed to look at his coach in situations like that and is not free to make a decision on his own. Either that or he is the dumbest person on the earth.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Better yet, send him in with instructions that if the first play doesn't work, line them up in the same formation and throw a fade to Randle. That way you don't waste a down.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

So, if he makes it to the 6" line, we're gonna let JJ...JJ...run a fade to Tolliver? :rofl: Better idea. If it gets to the 6" line, clock it...then come over here so I can tell you to hand the ball to 34. If you get tackled for a big loss, clock it so I can sit your arse on the bench and let JL go win the game with a pass.

4. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Man, JJ is getting trashed big time. This is a complete role reversal from 2008. Crazy stuff.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I hate...really HATE to do this. But I gotta go with the latter. If you watch the replay, after he gets tackled, he doesn't look to the LSU sideline. He just comes up on his knees, lollygagging around, and looks to the near sideline to see how close he was...where they're marking it. He wasted at LEAST 3-4...with nobody holding him down...just taking his sweet arse time. It's like he was thinking he made it in?? :confused:

1 person likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ironic isn't it. So who do the fans call for if Lee comes out and starts acting like the Lee of old? Bailey? Shepard?

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I know. I hate it...but are you gonna say I'm not telling the truth? And FWIW, I wasn't one hammering Lee in 2008. I didn't hammer him until after La Tech last year. :D

But seriously...have you seen his attempt at a fade?

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

What that tells me is two years, and now halfway through a third and still no answer at quarterback. No one on the roster as a future signal caller either. Are we gonna be any closer to an answer for next year? How long will this madness go on? We are wasting championship level defense and special teams along with plenty of talent on offense with a shoulder-shrug of an answer at the most important position on the field: quarterback. We are great exept, unfortuately at the two leadership spots:qb and coach. Damn shame.

9. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Miles' head.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I know one thing, if JJ is under center on that last drive, we don't move the ball down field.

Lee has more touch and more poise in that pocket, and a quicker release. Lee almost threw for more yards in 2 drives this game than JJ had done in TWO WEEKS!

Unless JJ has some nude photos of Les, Lee NEEDS to be the starter. The kid has earned it!