Rational look at the game (with stats)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Oct 2, 2010.

1. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

During that final drive, JL managed to get his team back to the line of scrimmage and run another play for positive yardage. Once JJ got in the team was lost and nearly let the clock run out. JL was perfect but he showed some leadership qualities today.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

FIFY...

totally agree. Lee deserves the job. Quit F'n around Les and let the kid start.

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well yeah, but that isn't the fade I was talking about. I was talking about JJs fade. You know, the one he threw for an INT when he underthrew TT by 8 yds on a 6 yd fade pattern a couple weeks ago? Lee didn't call the fade to Ridley...and it wasn't really a "fade". It was a wheel route...which I'm not sure why that was called THERE. Either way, Lee didn't call it. Nor did he execute it well. He threw it the only place Ridley COULDN'T have caught it.

4. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Right. I know you mean he wasN'T perfect...but I agree with every bit of this.

5. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

I think this time Les has to take clear action or risk his own job. I think Crowton is done on Sunday, November 28, and LSU can be the first in line to hire the best OC available and try to save the recruiting class.

Agreed. A quarterback who doesn't watch the clock is useless.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

JJ is completely clueless out there. I just cannot fathom why you need to TELL him what to do on the second play. He just looked clueless...what do I do now??? :dis:

7. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Jordan Jefferson -- 3 of 10 for 30 yards, two interceptions, no TD passes, no clock sense. Hell of a nice opening run, but we can't use a running quarterback.

Jarrett Lee -- 16 of 23 for 185 yards. Hit hit Randle and Toliver long and made Tennessee get out of the 8-man box that we see whenever JJ is in the game. Bama and Florida will humiliate us if we have no credible passing attack. Let him throw the ball coach.

I can't believe that Lee was pulled at the end of his drive so that JJ could screw it up. It's time for Jefferson to be the reserve, I've seen enough of him.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Jefferson has a 1-3 touchdown to interception ratio. Man that is horrible.

9. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

good original post, sugarlsu.

I predicted LSU to go 10-2, based on having young new starters on D that were better than the Sr. that graduated, such as at DE. I thought Loston could replace Chad Jones. I thought the o-line would be better, and the running game would go better. I thought JJ would improve from his soph to his jr. year.

I was right about everything except JJ improving, he hasn't done it. It has been apparent for weeks that JJ would not lead us to wins over Fla. and Bama. We have needed to get significant playing time for JL, and finally we did. I always thought that the way you played as a redshirt frosh was not necessarily the way you'd play as a jr., and he showed much better yesterday.

Based on Lee's perf. in the spring game, and his first pass of this season (his only one prior to Tenn. game), he looked like a better passer than JJ. He's not much of a runner, so that may get rid of the QB option. I'm assuming he has won the starters role, which given Les may not be true. But, compare their passing stats, its pretty easy to see. To compete at the championship level, we have to have a balanced attack so the opposing D can't just play our run and shut it down. We've been saying it for weeks. JL needs to get the playing time to get into the game time groove. His intentional grounding and passing beyond the line of scrimmage are errors you make when you haven't been in a game in 2 years.

Our clock management at the end of the game almost cost us the game; it should have except for the gift from Tenn. After Ole Miss last year, it really is inexcusable. That's on Les and Gary, it sure ain't on the Chief.

2 people like this.
  10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

This is pretty much a perfect post.