Raw Story under fire for attack on "atheist whackjobs"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Apr 24, 2006.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I was pointing out that he never posts about anything except inflammatory political comments here and isn't generally a good netizen. Thx for the gentle chiding.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Or possibly he was just talking without thinking. I see that a lot.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, I tend to agree in general, but we generally cut contributors some slack. And there are some people here who bash Rex when he isn't being inflammatory, but just making political comments on a political board.

Does he really make football comments on Tiger Droppings?

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Even if it was, my point still stands. If it's so easy to refute, we should see less Rex-attacking, and more rational objection.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Once again, minority views != inflammatory. The same cannot be said for most of the responses to his posts.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

i cant speak for everyone, but i gave rex a chance, and i found him to be so slanted, that in my opinion he was dishonest. plus he tends to be a conspiracy theorist, and i cant take comspiracy theorists seriously.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

i think the point was that history demonstrates more than we need to know to refute radical leftism. and i agree.

8. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

Back in the old days, before you were here, I would attempt to engage his rants and enter into a debate. He'd always post some B.S. ramblings from democraticunderground.com or some other similar source and attempt to play them off as the gospel. For whatever reason (lack of ability what have you), he'd hardly ever enter into any sort of rational debate. He'd simply claim to be superior to everyone with a differing opinion (most often due to his self professed superior writing ability and him being right and everyone else being to ignorant to understand). Eventually, folks really began to dislike Rex and tire of his lack of willingness to engage in any sort of a real debate. The result, the immediate hijacking of most of his threads. (And to show I'm not such a bad guy, I've given him the old green dot several times in the den section of the board).

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Beaucoup. Just do a search. he's got 12K posts over there.

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

How about checking in your bathroom mirror?

'Nuff said. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: