Raw Story under fire for attack on "atheist whackjobs"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

You don't debate the points; you attack the poster. What you did here was nothing new. It's typical.

As for martin, I've exposed his speciousness several times so he now feels he must impugn my integrity. Just like you, he has a difficult time sticking to the issues.

Once again, as usual on this board, I offered up an opinion piece for discussion and I got personally attacked. Thank you, Contained Chaos for seeing the obvious.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

No, actually, I'd say he's quite right.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Well, I mean, come on...if he'd for once just post something credible....

4. Rex

Rex Founding Member

How can you "agree in general" with a statement that I "never post about anything except inflammatory political comments" when the lead post of this very thread was far from inflammatory?

Search back through my posts, and list those you consider "inflammatory". Why do you insist on encouraging this anti-debate crowd? I don't kowtow to dishonesty and speciousness when I see it... if you or anybody else considers that "inflammatory" then describe what I've inflamed you to do.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Hey dumbass, he's DEFENDING you. Can't you just accept that at face
    value? Are you really so difficult that you actually have to piss off people who
    say a tolerant word on your behalf?

I could do just that, Rex...but what good would it do? You're not intellectually honest enough to admit that they're inflammatory (even though
    it would probably be obvious as hell to the most casual, unbiased observer that they ARE inflammatory), yet you feel that truth is on your side because you can always claim that YOU don't consider them inflammatory, thus everybody who disagrees w/ your assessment is a liar, thus, end of argument.

Give it up, poser...everybody's who's been here for a while is wise to your little games...even most of those who might otherwise side with you philosophically.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

mostly i am ashamed because you exposed me as a coward, like everyone else who favors the war, but it is not a soldier.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I agree "in general" that you mostly make inflammatory political posts, but then I defended your right to do it, damn it. And I pointed out that many of your posts are simply political and that you are bashed pointlessly, by the usual suspects. Gave you green for NOT being inflammatory!

You want to pick a fight with me over that? What a doofus.

You start trouble over nothing and wonder why you're considered a troublemaker. You just don't have a clue, do you?

8. Rex

Rex Founding Member

So, you admit to contradicting yourself?

A troublemaker? I condemn sleazy politicians on a political talk board, get attacked personally for it, and I'm the troublemaker? No, the trouble is caused by people who attack other posters instead of sticking to the issues, and then propagated by admins who don't set them straight.

Search back through my posts, and list those you consider "inflammatory". Then tell me what my posts would inflame a civil person to do.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

And then get back to the point of the thread... answer a question I asked... describe what you consider an atheist nutcase to be, then name one. Then describe how any "atheist extremist" has any political clout in this country, whatsoever.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, I believe I'll just return to ignoring you. Life is too short to waste time. Try to bait somebody else, I'm sure some fool will take it.