Rays of Sunlight continue...?

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, May 10, 2004.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

After the first good news for the Tigers' mens hoops program in a long time, with Pierre staying, there's more good news today.

Davis is coming and he's qualified! Finally, one can have some faith that not ALL the high-schoolers are getting bad advice these days...

http://www.nola.com/lsu/t-p/basketball/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1084179342143890.xml

It also looks like Bass will be back. Brady, it's your time to shine, buddy... better bring your "A" game this fall. :geaux:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Can we turn this thread into a Brady bashing? j/k

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Let's not.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think one thing we all need to remember is that LSU should not be as strong next season in basketball as Davis will not be as good as Lloreda, especially early, so we need to show some patience when the season starts and give the team plenty of time to jell. Maybe next year we can start off slow and finish strong.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yeah I dont get how we should be so good next yr with the returning guys and expected impact of these frosh in one year. I think they are destined to fail next year by your usual expectations. 'your' meaning joefan.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yes but that would be assuming that the freshman from last year play like freshman next year. Well reasonable thought tells you that they will play like Sophomores (or least you hope so). So you guys are also missing a part of all this as well. The team will be much improved in terms of experience. There is no doubt about that. Big Baby takes the place of Lloreda. That's a given. He won't be as effective as Lloreda, although we hope he is close. Overall the team is improved IMO. I think they will take time to gel, but when they do, this team will be very good down the stretch. Which ultimately means, no excuses for Mr. Brady.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

not missing it, Im referring to the upperclassmen returning.... I didnt see anyone step up once LLoreda was gone and Bass went in the tank. Dont get me started on our PG. So the team will definitely finish lower next yr than this yr and i dont care if brady has an excuse or not its just how i see the team or my expectations of it. Attendance will suck and decide his fate if i am right. I just dont have these unrealistic hopes next year for a team who will rely heavily on freshman/sophs down low.

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Brady sucks ... end of story ... LSU deserves better ... but ...

How will we pay for a big time BB coach when FB rules LSU?

How can you lure an NBA caliber ASST coach into a FB school?

Would be great to see 2 or 3 National Championships in one year in FB/BaseB/BasketB/Track

Have talent and recruits ... LSU needs more great coaching

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree tirk, bottomline is the returning players couldn't make shots alot of the time last year.
    Basketball is simple.....

If these guys can shoot better next year they could be real good but if they
    shoot like last year it won't matter who is in the low post.

In other words they won't be any better next year than last year if they can't shoot better...... :eek:

10. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Fact is we beat Alabama and scared Kentucky with this team. Next year, hopefully we will have an offense geared to the talents of these players, and not Lloreda, as was the case this year. We pounded it inside all year very successfully to take advantage of Lloreda's quickness inside. When he was injured and left it was very difficult to change an offense with freshmen playing.

Ramah it appears that you finally changed to TE's point of view on Brady. ;)