RB Christine Michael

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by tboy, Dec 28, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Re: Michaels commits to Texas A&M

We have 5-6 backs in the rotation now. They wanted 2-3 in this class but if it does not work out(Pratt), then that doesn't necessarily mean we have to get another one. We don't have enough schollies to have 3 RBs that never see the field. After next year we lose 2 for sure, leaving us with 3-4, Murphy, Ridley, Ford, Calhoun(possibly), so I can see 2-3 backs being a priority next year.

And there is no reason to think we won't get 2-3 studs next year. We get them all the time and that is unlikely to change.

If the coaches did not seem to like CM enough to bring him in before, I find it hard to believe they will now.

2. Apextiger

Apextiger Founding Member

I suppose we could ask Peveto, who recruited CM..LOL!

CM said he received an offer from LSU early on, in June.. LSU fans speculated he never had an offer..Putting 2 and 2 together, He didn't have a committable offer from LSU until he arrived at LSU for in person review, work outs etc..He never made the summer visit..so he waited and was a no show at LSU camp. Our coaches have never seen him work out in person... Peveto has been to some of his games.

He was a no show, and a numbers casuality.. All I am suggesting is,maybe the coaches open this back up on the Pratt news.. No certainties with Lache in 2010.. You take 5 star talent when you can

He is top notch recruit...circumstances have made his recruitment seem unusual IMO...

3. Apextiger

Offer list total BS? Dude, come on now.. you think the scouts are just puffing this guy up for no good reason?

OU has backs
    Texas has backs
    UF has backs
    A$M needs help everywhere

Players want to play, right? Well CM to A$M is not that big of suprise. A$M is not a second rate program either, they just are down right now over coaching.. Program has deep pockets and are surrounded by a hot bed of talent rich state.

The summer camp folks said he was basically the best at the camps.. FWIW

He looked solid in the AA game...Much better than Richardson, but AA games don't mean much

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Don't know what else to tell you but he never received a committable offer but really wanted one. He claimed offers from a number of schools just like many prospects out there. There is a reason we would still take Trent Richardson and not CM and that has to do with our evaluations on him and the mix of RBs we already had in this class.

Since he did not have a committable offer then I do not see a reason to offer him one now because Pratt is gone and it looks like the staff agrees.

5. TheDude

Oklahoma, Texas, Florida, and LSU have not confirmed that he has an offer, and in fact, at least 3 of those schools have refuted it. You act like a recruits list on Rivals is a Papal Bull. It isn't, and as I have pointed out, the guys that run the websites for those respective schools have all said they have no information to support his claims of offers.

But.....but....but.....he is a 5* RB and a must take!!

So he picked AtM over LSU, UT, and OU so he could play right away? Despite repeatedly giving interviews that he would commit to LSU if they would offer. BTW, which contradicts his claim that he even had an offer.

ONE summer camp said that....not camps...

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I always go back to the fact that no major college offered him. Well no major college that is doing well currently.

OU and Texas didn't see anything in this kid.

We'll never know why.

7. Apextiger

There will a line of LSU fans that said I told you so..

I know we get crazy with star ratings..

But 5 stars aren't given out lightly

ESPN ranks CM #4 back in the country..

Ford is legit
    Calhoun probably won't play RB at LSU

that leave us one back in this class.. It's the SEC.. 2-3 are needed on the season. Bottom line is Miles likes big backs for his style. Thus the TR or bust..Pratt is pretty big, Ford will be pretty big.. CM is 202

CM is a tweener IMO

If we didn't have Pratt all along, I am fairly certain CM would be headed for LSU..

The last thing I will add is LSU's class is full of high character kids. CM in interviews gives me the impression he is one of top of the top of those kind of players.. good family etc..

We have learned recently that Pratt apparently has 3 or 4 kids? I don't' know that is confirmed or not, but gezzz...for argument sakes lets go with that situation. Now, college is hard enough, add big time CFB schedule and then multi kids? equals disaster for most at age 18.

I guess we will wait and see what happens

I wish the best for all the players no matter where they go

8. TheDude

You under the impression that other players at LSU do not have children or did not father some while in high school? Keep dreaming because the list is long and distinguished. Teen sex and pregnancy is a reality and has been so since before I went to college 20+ years ago.

You keep beating the drum for CM but he won't be here next year. Somehow the same staff that has put together the top class for the year(on Rivals#1, ESPN #1, Scout #2) has completely missed the boat on CM?

Not buying it. But I guess we will have to endure threads for the next 10 years or so about it anyway.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

:confused:

Where does LSU list Calhoun as anything?

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

And several of these sites have even admitted that D1 coaches aren't seeing the same thing as them, thus his lack of offers.

IMO, Montrell Conner may have been, and may still be more likely than Michaels.

I understand the whole, "he talked about God, so he's a good person" mentality, but I don't believe he is of the highest character... take it FWIW.