RB Recruiting

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Bandit88, Dec 22, 2009.

1. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

Wow, that's a mighty huge statement. I think Collins could have been the best rb from LA ever.

2. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

Well said. Hilliard is a BEAST, literally in both play and physical frame. He will carry three people on his back 10 ten yards...hes really strong.

Hill is similar to him but I think Hilliard is by far the more physical back...he likes to punish his defenders. The only thing I'm concerned about is where do they fit in a semi-spread offense, assuming Crowton is still here? I'd much rather LSU convert to a Pro style to compliment the backs we've been getting. It also doesn't hurt most of our receivers are big. I'd personally like to see LSU be a full spread or full pro-style offense. None of these semi stuff without a identity...recruit the players for the system.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Patterson's run the spread 95% of the time for the last 2 years. Much of KH's yardage in that time has come off the read-draw play that West Virginia made famous with White & Slaton. This year they added some Wildcat with KH taking the direct snap. He scored from 60+ against both St. James and Parkview in the playoffs.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

dude's from patterson, i'm from across the river in morgan city. i've seen him play since he was a kid. he hasn't really progressed that much from jr. high that i can tell, but i'm not a coach. he's kind of timid and soft, but has good moves. i didn't think he'd commit to LSU because he's always running his mouth about notre dame and florida -- wilson must be a good recruiter. he has ball control problems (but show me a high school back that gets the ball a gazillion times a game that doesn't,) and like i said, he seems kind of soft when he's "attacking," he doesn't have that burst, but he's tough to bring down. if he toughens up some and fixes the ball control issues he can be a very serviceable back kind of like scott or broussard. i'm not saying the dude will back out of his verbal, but it really surprises me he committed to LSU. maybe he's one of those kid's that is all talk? who knows. should be a great one at LSU.

EDIT - that kind of sounds like i'm bashing him. but i'm not, he's just a man amongst boys right now with his size and i think he relies on that a lot. he needs more power to play college ball, obviously, but he'll be great.

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

negative. i saw him fumble at least once a game that i've been to.

6. acemic

acemic Founding Member

My nephew plays for Berwick and says Kenny cant really catch they feed him the ball alot in game situations so he improves. Ive never seen him play. Also maybe my nephew just doesnt like him because hes a rival.

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I watched a few games this year and he didn't fumble so I assumed he doesn't fumble much.

However, he would have committed to LSU without Wilson based on what he has been saying to recruiting sites and friends of his over the last half a year. There was really no doubt where he was going.

I have no clue where you are getting soft from. I have seen him play at least 10 games over the last 2 years and he seems to love the contact. Kind of hard to be in the running to break all these records being soft IMO. They also played up in classification this year 2 or 3 times and they made games out of them and even won one to a very good team.

8. tigerfan1974

tigerfan1974 Veteran Member

Wow, one guy thinks he's the next Cecil the Diesel and another thinks he's a fumbling, bumbling, soft jr. high rb. I'll lean towards the first.

9. mctiger

Minton told me KH did not like Porter. Saban impressed him, but suspected that it was just his ability as a salesman. Bottom line, LSU probably had him all along, but Wilson's addition closed the deal much quicker than was expected.

10. mctiger

Sorry JayB, but you couldn't be more wrong. I've seen KH in person at least 15 times at Patterson, and seen the tape of just about every other game he's played there. There's absolutely no way you can question his toughness. Fumbling problem? I don't see it. His freshman year he was kind of like a bow and arrow; just point him at the hole, draw him back and fire. He went straight ahead until he scored or got tackled. His sophmore year he was obviously learning how to see the field. His footwork also improved, and he could side-step the ankle tackles that knocked him down as a freshman. This year he pretty much silenced the talk that he couldn't catch. The only team I saw contain him for an entire game was Westlake when he was a sophmore, and that was an exceptional defense. As for talking about UF or ND, well, I don't have a lot of personal contact with him. Only know what Tommy Minton has said in a half dozen conversations about recruiting over the last year, and he always said it would come down to LSU or Bama.