RC Slocum's take on the hiring of Krags

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 22, 2011.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

2theadvocate.com | Sports | Slocum loves new LSU hire — Baton Rouge, LA

“A lot of guys come in with a big ego, especially when they’ve been a head coach like Steve, but he’s not that kind of guy,” Slocum said.

“He’s very knowledgeable and will offer a lot, but he won’t come in and try to fight the head coach every step of the way.

“You can very easily get too many chiefs in a situation like that — especially with the wonderful staff Les has put together — but that won’t happen with Steve. He will be a guy who comes in, gives his ideas and finds the best way to fit in.”

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Team player- he'll fit in well and strengthen the strong "community" that already exists.

Even in the workplace- outside of sports- a "good employee" is valued over a "good worker".

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Thanks for the info

RC is a very solid football man and I wanted to know what he thought.

thanks

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

http://forums.tigerfan.com/tigers-den/104380-sources-steve-kragthorpe-new-oc-5.html

:thumb:

5. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

i lived in houston for 10 years while he was A&M coach and i can tell you that it was a mistake for A&M to let him go. All he did was win and just because he didnt win the big one a & M people got gready.

If R.C. Slocum approves of him it is good enough for me. That man is all class and he handled what happenned with dignity and i respect him alot.

Any man that does what he did for his family shows me he has life in perspective and all i can say is welcome to LSU.

I cant explain it but i got a feeling this is the man we need to get this offense clicking.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The guy thought the forward pass was a gimmick play.