Read any good books lately?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by locoguano, Mar 12, 2012.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Off the thread topic again....of all the folks I saw, the one who made the biggest impression was her....
    [​IMG]

She's a little long in the tooth these days but she carried herself with a swag that is undeniable. She walked like she owned the whole damn sidewalk, hair flying, designer clothes and all. Even the gay dudes wanted to do her.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

This poster was in every other dorm room when I was in college. Talk about long-waisted . . .

[​IMG]

3. red55

Strangely enough, this was the poster in the other rooms . . . talk about long wasted . . .

mr_natural.jpg

Bengal B and HalloweenRun like this.
  4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Agree that the book is great. Haven't seen the movie. Just finished one on the Wars of the Roses. If you think the ISIS a is brutal you should read about what the English did to each other.

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I read it really early. Had to discuss it with my younger mistress!

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I would certainly not have run out of the bed crying like Brooke said she did! Wtf??????????????

tigerchick46 likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

After all, he is the Man of Steel

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

Thinking, Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman, the renowned psychologist and winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics, takes us on a groundbreaking tour of the mind and explains the two systems that drive the way we think. System 1 is fast, intuitive, and emotional; System 2 is slower, more deliberative, and more logical. The impact of overconfidence on corporate strategies, the difficulties of predicting what will make us happy in the future, the profound effect of cognitive biases on everything from playing the stock market to planning our next vacation—each of these can be understood only by knowing how the two systems shape our judgments and decisions.
    Engaging the reader in a lively conversation about how we think, Kahneman reveals where we can and cannot trust our intuitions and how we can tap into the benefits of slow thinking. He offers practical and enlightening insights into how choices are made in both our business and our personal lives—and how we can use different techniques to guard against the mental glitches that often get us into trouble.

this book is very interesting for my liking.

StaceyO likes this.
  9. red55

The most amazing minds that I know are people who have found the balance point and can cognitively use each to best advantage.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It actually seems to me that System 1 is more feminine in its leanings, while System 2 sounds more male. @tirk, is there any truth to that?