Read any good books lately?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by locoguano, Mar 12, 2012.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if you need a book for this then, well, the gspot is going to be eternal science fiction.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

from what i gather, the author states that men are much more over-confident as a whole which leads them to be more system 1. but this was examples of CEOs and such. says the belief of a story is more based on that persons confidence in giving it than actual data. which basically says many men are full of shit but as long as they believe it, most others do too. seen in day traders.

but they all seem to overlap since system one is intuitive and more emotion based, women can fill that box up pretty quickly as well.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Its been a very good read so far, a lot of case study though.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Yes, the bolded part is what seemed feminine to me.

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Sounds like Jung/Myers Briggs but without the data. The most common personality types for "Leaders" is....
    [​IMG]
    Primal Leadership by Daniel Goleman is good if you like books in that category.

Anyone here taken the MBTI?

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

INTP is the closest for me. NTP is solid, but I'm not really an serious introvert, nor extrovert. I sort of bridge the E/I indicator.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

im a pretty serious introvert, but i have to do so much public shit that I have made myself become extroverted during those moments. Thats why I bought that book.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I can relate. I believe that I was an introvert as a child, quiet and self-absorbed. But I never wanted to live in my own little world. I taught myself to be sociable, affable, even gregarious that I might live large in a larger world. Now I can be introspective or outgoing as best suits my needs at the moment.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

On the MB scale, I am an INTJ and extremely introverted. I realized very quickly that if I wanted to advance in my career, or get a "yes" from the money people, I would have to become situationally extroverted. The problem with that is co-workers, peers, etc get the idea that you are truly an extrovert and begin to expect certain behavior. If you go back to your natural introverted self, they think something is wrong or they begin to have doubts.

So, regardless of one's actual self, behavior creates expectations and those have to be managed as well.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

So you are moody