Read this, TE

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Mar 11, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

2. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Nope, should have a coach like Dale who'd talk about the starving children in China and have Bass completely defuddled and forgetting which team he was on.

In TE's defense, he's global about long-term track record. I think we can do better, however, the past six weeks are the better I demand from a head coach at LSU in any sport (even Cross Country). Maybe it took Brady 7-1/2 season's to right the ship for long-term success.

Tonight's game v. Alabama Poly should be a gift and put us in a spot to avenge theKentucky game and move on and WIN the SEC Tournament, pull a favorable seed (4-5). Other conference tournaments a breaking so the RPI keeps moving upward.

3. SabanFan

You are just a fan. You are in no position to demand anything. You can "hope for", "wish for", "want" or "pray for" anything you want to, but you cannot demand diddly-poo.

4. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Wanna bet? Money talks, and if the fans don't put the money up to support the product, then the fans 'demands' will probably be heard.

5. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Bingo!

6. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

And that just maybe the rub. I donate to many funds that benefit LSU academically and athletically. LSU actually does send out questionaires about various items and wants input.

Do you think all the people sitting between the goal lines always had those tickets? When LSU football went into the crapper during the '90's many people let their tickets go. The loyal factor plays a major factor in how the athletic department operates. Bucks do grease the rail. Bertman notices that basketball attendance is down from levels when he took over. Empty seats are lost revenue. Lost revenue means shortages somewhere, most likely in the basketball operations. People who donate, buy tickets can very much scream they demand. There is a vehicle in place within the athletic department that does listen.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

There's a fine line to walk between being a good booster that supports the program, and a Notre Dame-type booster that wrecks the program.

8. SabanFan

You have much to learn, Grasshopper. They want your money, not your input.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I've always felt that if anything gets Brady fired, it will be the fan support at games. Sooner or later only seeing around 7500 people sitting around me at games will play a role in his future. Then again, is the arena half empty or is the arena half full? :)

10. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

Ah, but if they want "A", they must act on "B". They may not want it, but they are very sensitive to what is going on. The lip service days ended with Joe Dean. LSU has learned that money makes things happen. LSU has learned that alumni, friends of the university are willing to contribute to the university on many fronts if there is a clearly stated goal of excellence. Not by any stretch do I mean only the monied should have the only say, but your take is cynical and no longer true. Write a letter to an athletic administrator about a concern, I bet you'd be surprised at the answer.