Read this, TE

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Mar 11, 2005.

1. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

But in order to keep getting the money, they have to keep people happy. So YES they do want input.

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I think what SabanFan is getting at is that they may let you think they want your input...but once they've got your check deposited, they're going to do whatever they want to do anyway. And they know that people will keep on falling for it, because they always have.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

And herein lies the esteemed "true fans" that some here praise so readily.

See also: "fools"

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

here is where i argue again that the coach's job is to coach. and that if brady wins and only 4 prople show up to see it, then brady is doing fine.

coaches coach. the marketing department markets. at some point we have to blame the fans if they do not show up. you cant argue that brady has not put a winning product on the court. isnt it true they only lost one home game all year? so for this season, lsu was about the most sure bet around if you wanted to go see your team win at home.

college sports are not the same as pro sports. the objectiev isnt just profit. if it was, then almost all the other college sports would be shut down.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The only attendance figures that may affect Administrative decisions is the big kahuna- Football.

6. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

While I agree that the administration is much more sensitive to football attendance, to say that they don't care about basketball attendance is too much of a jump for me. They don't pay Brady Monopoly money.

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Are you Joe Dean?

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

If you dislike Brady now, wait until you run him off. You will hate him more when he gets another job in the SEC and kicks our butt every year. You know he can beat us because he did with the lowly Samford team.
    You may not agree that he is a good coach but there are a lot of other fans and administrators that think other wise. I'll bet after another year of Heath, Arkansas would love to have a winner.
    Did I mention that he beat Dale with a lowly Samford team. I don't think Samford ever had a winning season until Brady took the job.

9. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

all those comparisons to daddy dale have been to show that he was far superior to JB..

The fact is... JB is 1-0 against the greatest coach to ever blow a whistle for LSU in basketball. Beat LSU on its home court no less with far superior talent. Probably only used 7 players to beat us with too.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Concerning my earlier post about attendance/fan support... I guess what I was saying in my earlier post is.. The only real negative is the low attendance. Brady certainly will not be losing his job due to his coaching performance and ability any time soon. So if there is anything to go after him for (in the eyes of some), it would be attendance.

I agree with martin that there needs to be some degree of marketing for the basketball team. Brady has put a winning product out on the court on several occasions now and even in some of those less than stellar seasons, a few extra butts in the seats could have helped with morale in close losses.

I certainly do not agree that the administration could care less about how many people attend basketball games and only care about how many attend the football games. SabanFan, now THAT is one of those really silly posts...... You need to call your own self out. :)