Read this, TE

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Mar 11, 2005.

1. clair

clair Rockets

Couldn't have explained it better myself Tiger Grad

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Collectively, fans have an input. Individually it has very little effect. It's hard to get EVERYBODY to go along. Look at how hard TE has been trying to convince everyone Brady was lousey. Is there a huge crowd now ready to march on the PMAC with picket signs saying FIRE BRADY? I didn't think so.

So the fellow that said to get A they need to pay attention to B. go ahead withdraw your puny A. See how far that gets you. They won't miss it trust me. Unless you're a major supporter, I doubt ANYTHING you do will mean a dahm thing. Now if you can get together 300-400 friends and convince them all to stop buying tickets.

That in itself won't do it either this university is bigger than 300 disgruntled fans.

Or Maybe if you have EXCELLENT ties to the media..... again you are a drop in the bucket. If the article is well written you might get it published, but unlikely. Even if you did it would take more than one negative article to sink the ship.

Matter of fact the best voice you have is right here. So before you start crowing about the ALMIGHTY Fan dollar. Keep in mind that LSU was here long before you were born and will be here MANY years after you're dead and gone. Nothing Personal.

I understand how you feel though and to be honest a Athletic director's job IS to be sensitive to attendance. Each person add's to the whole. It's kind of like voting in a presidential election. Your vote doesn't effect the out come one way or the other BUT if everyone has this attitude, no one would be represented accurately. Almost sounds like a contridiction, but it's more like a catch 22 you might say.

Hey! Have a Great DAY!

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

SabanFan, the $ we spend on football tickets, the $ we spent on Mike The Tiger's New Habitat to TAF, and the $ we spend to support TAF...It allows me to demand whatever I wish for.

I am not "just" a fan. I am an enabler of LSU Athletics. I am enabling Sabanland. I am enabling the PMAC's refurbishment. I am enabling the new Alex Box. I am enabling the Athletic Department's eventual shift towards the River on the other side of Nicholson, abutting between it and Old Man River...

I enable them with my money. I can demand what I like when I like. There is no "good side" on this. SabanFan, I wish you would admit that this guy isn't the solution. You have hid behind every excuse in the book.

"We're not a basketball school."
    "We've never been truly successful."
    "He's won the West twice in 8 years."

The bottom line is that if we went to a bowl game in football 3 times in 8 years, we'd have probably been through 2 coaches in that span. Considering there are about 60 teams that participate in a bowl game, I'd say that finishing "out of the bowls" is akin to finishing "out of" the NCAA Tournament.

Many here want us to sit back in awe and gasp orgasmically because we've gotten to the NCAA Tournament for the third time in 8 years. How tough is it to do, only 65 spots out of 317 programs...It's a tough thing to do, don't you all know?

Go talk to guys like Bobby Knight or Boeheim or Few or Pitino or Smith or Donavan or Olsen or Self or any of the other TOP FLIGHT COACHES who make it in their freaking sleep.

The bottom line is that LSU proved we could be in the midst of a doldrum or dearth of success, pay the money to bring in a leader who can revitalize-nay, some even say build from the ground floor-a tradition of modern excellence.

To say that it's just not possible is to doubt what we've already proven can be done in 4 short years...Why waste another damn year with mediocrity? Swoons back and forth...Where there are open cries for coaching changes...Where player outcries, acrimonious exchanges, assaults, domestic violence, etc become the accepted NORMS in the program...Why is this all okay because of a win streak and every other year success?

Give me a break...SabanFan wants to talk of his aversion to negativity...

I want to talk of his totally sickening appeasement with nothing more than mediocrity.

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

The only attendence figure that matters is the PAID attendence. Sure, skip would like to see a packed house for basketball, but you get in 8-9000 a game during this stretch run, it looks somewhat full, and your selling 11000-12000 tickets a game. If they've paid for the Tix, then thats all that counts. Not to mention concessions. Yo TE, I like you dude, but no one puts a gun to your head and makes you buy tickets, makes you give to TAF or makes you do anything. You choose to give your money to LSU. So your whole thing about how you give all this stuff so you have a right to be pissed attitude, I dont buy. 1000's of other people do the same things you do. Yet, they can find a happy medium. You just have a hatred for Brady. It's like fans get so angry with a decent or mediocre program, then they throw the whole, "I'm helping build Mikes habitat" or " I'm helping build saban land". If you dont like it, dont give your money to it. If you think that the basketball program is mediocre and you want the coach fired, then dont contribute your money to these things and then maybe you'll get your wish.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

man that is stupid. you dont run anything. you cant demand anything anymore than i can walk up to you and give you 10 bucks and demand that you wash my car. you give your money to lsu voluntarily, you are not a board member or administrator. cmon, dont be so stupid.

6. TigerEducated

scrappy...You don't know what you're talking about...

Actual attendance is what prompted Skip to have a "come to Jesus" meeting with Brady after the Florida home game in which Lloreda went WWE on a Gator Player, throwing a "Rock-esque" People's Elbow at the kid and connecting...

The potential revenue lost by season ticket sales, package ticket sales, concessions, programs, and the lost advertising revenue (companies DO pay based on average attendance figures; more attendance means higher advertising rates at LSU events)...

7. TigerEducated

Never did I mention that what I demanded would be acquiesced to by the Administration or those in charge...

Never did I make the statement or imply that I "ran" anything.

I can demand whatever I like as an enabler. That is the only thing that I said I was. Refute what I said, not the words you put into my mouth, stupid.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

first of all, notice that i said what you were saying was stupid. but you say i am stupid. learn not to make personal attacks and stop acting like a child.

fine, you are saying you can "demand whatever", but that has no bearing on anything. my mistake. i dunno why anyone would bother making demands when they are powerless, but ok.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Yo TE, I like you dude, but no one puts a gun to your head and makes you buy tickets, makes you give to TAF or makes you do anything. You choose to give your money to LSU. So your whole thing about how you give all this stuff so you have a right to be pissed attitude, I dont buy. 1000's of other people do the same things you do. Yet, they can find a happy medium. You just have a hatred for Brady. It's like fans get so angry with a decent or mediocre program, then they throw the whole, "I'm helping build Mikes habitat" or " I'm helping build saban land". If you dont like it, dont give your money to it. If you think that the basketball program is mediocre and you want the coach fired, then dont contribute your money to these things and then maybe you'll get your wish. I think you make a lot of good points, but to me you seem like a bitter, cynical person. You call yourself an "enabler" of lsu athletics. So are a whole lot of other people dude. I dont think they'd miss you if you jumped ship. Your just 1 person out of many.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

martin made my point, but, WTF: I demand that we beat Kentucky.

Your LSU related donations do not give you the right to demand anything any more than my TF contribution entitles me to tell Brett how to run the forum. You support the program. You don't run it.