Read this, TE

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Mar 11, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

fan2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fn)
    n.
    An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.

4 entries found for supporter.
    sup·port·er ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s-pôrtr, -pr-)
    n.
    One that supports, as a structural member of a building.
    One who promotes or advocates; an adherent: a supporter of capitalism.

en·a·ble ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-nbl)
    tr.v. en·a·bled, en·a·bling, en·a·bles

To supply with the means, knowledge, or opportunity; make able: a hole in the fence that enabled us to watch; techniques that enable surgeons to open and repair the heart.
    To make feasible or possible: funds that will enable construction of new schools.

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

If your not just a fan, then what the hell do you do? What makes you an enabler? Do you pay players or something?

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am not an enabler, can i make demands too? i like to make demands!

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Relax guys, I have demanded that Brady not be the coach forever, and have received multiple assurances FROM THE HIGHEST LEVELS that he is not indeed immortal. Rest easy!

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I'm demanding that LSU wins today in baseball, softball, basketball. They better do it or else. I'm demanding that mikes new habitat be the TigerEducated's and Mikes palace. I'd also like to demand that we rename the PMAC the TigerEducatedAssemblyCenter. I'd also like to demand that i get a number 2 from BK King sized with a Coke. Can I get any help?

6. TigerEducated

Re-read those definition and what else I have said...

martin, in the famous words of Lincoln, is, "...trying to make a horse chestnut into a chestnut horse..." but it will not work.

He's implied that I "run" things in the Athletic Department, when it's plain to see that I don't. But, as someone who enables (as I claim and freely admit to being) LSU to compete in Athletics through monetary donations to the University and its fund-raising arms, I have the ability to demand change.

I am not just a "fan", and those definitions prove it. I have the ability to demand, and those definitions prove it. I have thereby disproved SabanFan's assumption earlier in this thread where he told someone that they were "just a fan", and not entitled to complain or ask for change. I have also refuted and challenged martin to show where I've said anything near what he claims I've said. I have not, I have proven it, and yet again, he tries to go to great lengths to show I've said something I haven't so he can be justified in his own misguided assertions about implications that don't exist.

He complicates for the sake of complication...and he does it anytime he realizes he's wrong.

7. TigerEducated

So, while we were on probation, and we went to the Sweet 16, was that an excuse for dominance? I mean, if we did it while we were in probation, what does that say about the following years of stewardship? What does it say that now that we've been out for 2 years, we have won a SEC Western Division "Co Championship" and are happy with the Tournament?

Dominance is achieveable. Totally. But, not with Brady, in my estimation. I think, and have demanded change through my posts and discussions here on this site...Are you telling me that I should not be allowed to do that or something?

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

You can make all the demands you like. Getting what you demand is quite another thing altogether.

9. TigerEducated

I said the same thing very early on...But, they want to rail & rail and & rail...saying that I'm inferring Athletic Directorial powers...

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Brett would listen to your suggestions even if you didn't contribute. Try demanding something and see how far you get.

As far as basketball, Brady has his team in the tournament and playing it's best ball of the year. We have as good a chance as any team to win the NC. It's a playoff. You just have to win. If "K" or Few or Knight was our coach, we'd have no more of a chance than we do now. And don't argue seeding. You still have to win em all.