Read what WR Jones of Tenn has to say about his coach Wilson as he leaves team to become a Tiger!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Dec 6, 2009.

1. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Junior wide receiver Gerald Jones said Friday night that he hoped Wilson would stay but would be OK if the coach left. The player said he and most teammates understand that major college football is a "business" and that most players and coaches want to advance their careers as quickly as possible.
    "We've been through worse," Jones said. "It is what it is."
    Jones said Wilson was a "big reason" for the Vols' consistent passing-game improvements this season.
    "I wouldn't say he was overlooked, but I think he deserved more credit than he's gotten," Jones said. "At the beginning of the year, the receiver corps was suspect. It was, 'Oh, my gosh, the receivers aren't in the right spot. (Jonathan) Crompton's overthrowing them. Whose fault is it?'
    "Now you barely see drops by the receivers. You see big-time plays. As a corps, we're coming together, and we're becoming I think one of the best receiver corps in the nation. And all credit is due to him."

2. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

Re: Read what WR Jones of Tenn has to say about his coach Wilson as he leaves team to become a Tiger

Good to know he is that highly regarded by his players. He'll have alot to work with here, and hopefully he can help develop our guys.

3. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Re: Read what WR Jones of Tenn has to say about his coach Wilson as he leaves team to become a Tiger

I will enjoy watching our WRs line up correctly next year.

1 person likes this.
  4. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

Business? I bet he ends up loving LSU too!

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And, maybe some day, so will you.:)

1 person likes this.
  6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i thought he was being offered as a rb coach, not a wr coach?

did i dream that? blonde moment? hallucination?:huh:

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

All of the above???

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :wave:

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Okie, Wilson is coming in as a RB/recruiting coordinator or assistant coordinator.

He only coached WRs once in his career.

I am sure he will give some input with the WRs as well.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

well, it wouldnt be the first time! :hihi:

ok, i thought it was to do with rb. but the article was talking about receivers, and so were a couple of the posts so i thought i was, well, all of the above. :grin:

10. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

I understand he's coached mainly on the RB portion of the game. Tenn has used him as a WR coach this year. It sounds like he would be great at either spot if he came here.

And to agree with The Dude, it will be nice watching receivers line up correctly:grin: