Ready For Football Season To Start Now

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Jun 7, 2003.

1. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I am already getting excited for football season to start and it still a few months away. I am getting married in a couple of weeks and for my wedding present my fiancee got us a trip to opening night in Tiger stadium.

I went to Northeast La for college but i have been an LSU fan my whole life. I cant pull against the Tigers even with my old school. I will bleed purple and gold till i die. Then i will go watch the LSU games in Heaven with the biggest wide screen ever made.

We will fly in to New Orleans friday from San Jose Cal. and rent a car . I didnt know what to say when she told me. There is nothing like being in Tiger Stadium and i want her to feel that excitement. She went to the Cotten Bowl with me after i had proposed overlooking Dallas skyline New Years Eve.

I want football season to be here already.

Geaux Tigers:)

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Congratulations! What a wedding gift!

I went to Southeastern Louisiana University, but I always pull for LSU...even when they play SLU in baseball.

I proudly wear my purple and gold!

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Dude, don't let your fiance see your post. Here's a hint from an old married man. You can't wait for your honeymoon to be here. Opening night in Tiger Stadium will be nice too. :)

4. tigerm

tigerm Founding Member

That's a great present - at least in the future when you want to continue going she can't say that "You never liked football before we were married"!!

In my case, we were on our honeymoon in the British Virgin Islands - and LSU was playing Bama in football on ESPN late. I stayed up to watch the game - she got a massage until she went to sleep while I was watching the game - and I'm covered because I can always bring up the "honeymoon story" when she claims I wasn't as big a fan "before we were married". :D

Congratulations!!