Reagan on the $10 bill?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, Jun 8, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

http://money.cnn.com/2004/06/08/news/economy/reagan_hamilton/index.htm?cnn=yes

Ok. I am a traditionalist. I like our money the way it is with the Presidents we have on it. I am on the edge with the new colors in our currency, and I have warmed up to the state quarters. I am not for demoting a president off a denomination just to honor another deceased one.

I would propose maybe making a new bill denomination for the likes of Reagan, LBJ, and maybe Eisenhower. Maybe a $15, $25, or $30 bill? It is weird though because the older guys with the periodic garb and strange hair make for good portraits on the bills. The photo in the article of Reagan on the bill is downright strange looking to me...too modern. I would like to see Slick Willy on a bill though...maybe the $3 bill (ha!)?

Which leads me to my final rant on our Presidents....have you ever looked at pictures of all the Presidents of the USA? Some of our earlier Presidents have crazy, serial killer looks to them IMO (Van Buren is one that comes to mind).

Any thougths out there?

God Bless America :usaflagwa :thumb:

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I agree!! Regardless of how much Regan did I am not in favor of changing things like this because in the future who knows what kind of crackpot some of these libs would want to end up with on something. Plus it opens the door to more changes on our currency like the omission of in God we trust. Also it's just one more thing to divide people. :usaflagwa

3. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

COLORED MONEY STINKS!!!!!

OK, I'm gonna go on a MAJOR RANT about what we call money today.

I am usually an open-minded guy (livin' in Cali for a quata century WILL do thAt to ya) but I gotta say - even the IDEA of colored money STINKS.

After having to actually USE it, I hate it even more!! :dis: :dis: :dis:

It reminds me of what you might see in a third world country, and the offset photos on the front make it look like the register is REALLY off on a cheap press...

I mean, what's next - that STUPID euro coin with the freakin' HOLE in the center????? I mean, c'mon, little metal donuts for currency???????
    I'm SURE the government will sell us on the fact that they will use less material than a real coin, just like they did in the 60's when they came out with the copper sandwich money. It's a BIG SCAM!

COLORED MONEY HAS GOTTA GO!!!!! :cuss:

JUST SAY NO TO HOLEY MONEY!!!!!! :cuss:

ENOUGH OF SANDWICH MONEY - BRING BACK THE REAL THING!!!!!!! :cuss:

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

What has Alexander Hamilton done?
    I don't remember or understand what this guy has ever done so maybe Reagan should
    take his place?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:I would like to see Slick Willy on a bill though...maybe the $3 bill (ha!)?

I already have a slick Willy 2 or 3 dollar bill packed away in a box :thumb: :shock:

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Alexander Hamilton, founding father, first Secretary of the Treasury, major author of the Federalist Papers and advocate of a strong central government.

http://www.isidore-of-seville.com/hamilton/

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Thank You, I'll check it out, just couldn't remember :thumb:

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I'd rather see Reagan on Mount Rushmore, if I could choose only one thing.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

He should be on the TEN and Rushmore. :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa
    I salute you Mr. President!

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, we re-named Washington National Airport and named an aircraft carrier after him during his lifetime, which is a rare honor. Now that he has passed, there will likely be more honors considered. I'd like to see a big statue of him somewhere in Washington. So many of those heroes on statues are really grim-looking. It'd be nice to have a smiling guy up there.