REAL BAD MOVE - MORE WITH LES

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by rmcalleg, Nov 24, 2015.

1. rmcalleg

rmcalleg Freshman

CalcoTiger and tigermark like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we dont make these decisions. we are just along for the ride and will have to back whatever they decide. Because we support LSU first and not a coach or AD.

3. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

"Sure the focus will be on the obvious reasons; Miles' inability to evolve as an offensive coach, the fact that his team's quarterback play seems to get worse every season, or just the overall stagnation of the program. LSU has lost three straight since rising all the way to No. 2 in the polls at the beginning of the month, and is headed for a second straight season with fewer than 10 wins. Which in the bizarre, alternate universe that Miles' has created in Baton Rouge is simply unacceptable.

Yet for all the talk about all those things, there is one reason above all others why Miles is on the hot seat and could be out of a job, and it has nothing to do with his offense, the team's current three-game losing streak, or any of the reasons mentioned above.

Instead, the answer is much simpler than that: LSU is ready to move past Les Miles, because he isn't Nick Saban."

What a load! Another idiot typing out an article about something he knows nothing about. And thanks for starting a whole new thread. Just what we needed.

4. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

LSU_4_LIFE and shane0911 like this.
  5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Kobe Bryant was, by far, the best player on the Lakers. Now? He's not as good as he once was. His time is almost up.

No one is denying Les's body of work over the past decade or so, but it's the recent trend of being 1-6 the past 2 years in the months of NOV and DEC. It's losing 5 straight to Bama. It's losing to Arky at home. It's not competing for a National Championship when you have NFL pros like Mett, Hill, Landry and Beckham on one side of the ball.

Yes, Les has been great. He's won alot of games. He's just not trending in the right direction. All good things must come to an end.

ParadiseiNC, Brian, Rouxleaux and 3 others like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

13-10 last 3 years. Adios

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

If wanting to see 2 consecutive completed passes is the same as what Bama and Saban are aspiring, then this guy's right. Somehow I think they have bigger goals.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Where is the woods all these morons keep coming out of?

1. Miles is a good man, most of us like him and wish he would update his offensive philosophy.
    2. Miles won't drag himself out of the leather helmet era.
    3. Without a major overhaul there is no indication that the future won't keep sliding back to the past.
    4. I would love to see Miles coach another 5 or 6 years IF HE TURNS THE OFFENSE OVER TO SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS WHAT THE HELL HE IS DOING
    5. He won't.

9. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

Another so-called journalist that doesn't get it. Amazing the number of folks that have kicked sand in the guy's face for every stupid thing he has or hasn't done, are now trying to take the moral high road. Just another author who can go pump himself.

No one gives a shit about Nick Saban. It's about development, being competitive every year, not just every few years, and adapting a philosophy that gives the team the best opportunity to win. That's it. Plain and simple.

Let me look into that crystal ball of yours, maybe the future I see will be different.

10. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Richdog likes this.