REAL BAD MOVE - MORE WITH LES

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by rmcalleg, Nov 24, 2015.

1. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

My thoughts exactly. The talking heads are quick to make fun of Les with how he interviews or his clock mismanagement, etc. Yet, now that LSU is looking to let him go after two subpar years they wanna all of a sudden say the fans and high ups expect too much. I love Les as much as the next person, however I love LSU more. Fact is if we keep Les the downward trend will only get worse. There is an obvious lack of focus and coaching in the last two years. I rather take my changes than wait too long. I truly appreciate everything Miles has done but a change of scenery would probably do both sides well at this point.

islstl, LSU_4_LIFE and shane0911 like this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Some of those talking heads may be working with Miles in the broadcast booth next year. Don't want to bash a guy who you may have to work with and get off to a bad working relationship.

LSU_4_LIFE and ThePhenom74 like this.
  3. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Call me a conspiracy theorist but it almost is as if everyone (gump fans, ole piss fans, media, ect) wants us desperately to keep les. Could it be because with the talent that routine is found and had at LSU if we had someone that actually used it as it should be used we would be a fierce force to deal with year in and year out. Hell I know I was sad to see shula leave the gumps, and zook to leave the gaytors. It always feels like the media for what ever reason does not like us. So why the hell should we listen to their "recommendations"? Frankly the fact that gump fans and the media are saying we should keep miles gives me more reason to be excited we are finally making a move!

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

The sports media has chosen their narrative and they're going to run it into the ground. It won't matter how many of these facts you hammer them with. They'll just go right back to Saban and 78%.

LSU_4_LIFE and ParadiseiNC like this.
  5. rmcalleg

rmcalleg Freshman

I still say , be careful what you ask for, I was at LSU in the Help Mac Pack days(when Charlie Mac couldn't beat the bear), It took 10 + years to recover from firing a coach with a 73% winning percentage.

KyleK, StaceyO and Winston1 like this.
  6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Would you rather get the 10 year clock started now or wait a few more years?

lsu-i-like, Richdog, GregLSU and 3 others like this.
  7. rmcalleg

rmcalleg Freshman

Here is everything that Miles has accomplished right through this weekend while at LSU: He's second in school history with 110 wins in just under 11 years in Baton Rouge. The only person he trails is Charlie McClendon who had 137 in 18 years at LSU, meaning that if Miles stayed in Baton Rouge as long as McClendon did, and kept winning at the current clip he is, Miles would finish those 18 years with nearly 40 more wins than any other coach in school history. Miles also has a 77 percent win percentage at LSU (including this year's 7-3 record), which is the highest for any man in school history who coached more than 20 games. For those scoring at home, yes that means he has a higher win percentage than Nick Saban did in his time at the school.
    And the incredible thing is, those stats only tell half the story.
    Miles also won a National Championship, played in two National Championship games, won two SEC titles and won three division crowns. Heck, how about the simple fact that he's won 110 games to begin with? How many coaches in college football can win an average of 10 games, over an 11 year stretch, anywhere? Well Les has not only done it, but done it in the toughest division, in the toughest conference of college football.
    ENOUGH SAID, Call the dogs off, beat the Aggies and hit the recruting trail,
    Oh , I almost forgot, Miles is predicted to get the #1 recruiting class, but AH, not no more, because of all this B.S.

8. lsudolemite

This. The Les Miles era is over. Whether that becomes official this season, the next, or two years from now doesn't matter.

GregLSU, LSU_4_LIFE and Rouxleaux like this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That record is the part of the equation the talking heads are managing to overlook. Its simply not accurate to say that the prevailing opinions are the product of nothing more than the last 3 games. Nothing is ever as simple as "what have you done for me lately?" At this time last year, it appeared Auburn and Mississippi State had passed us by. That's certainly not the case. I think its realistic to say the pecking order in the SEC West right now is 1. Bama, 2. Ole Miss, 3. LSU, 4. (tie) Arkansas and A&M. The Hogs appear to have our number right now, but that's akin to the Cholly Mac days when we couldn't seem to beat the Cowbells, but we always finished ahead of them in the standings.

The part of the current scenario that scares me is, where are we if we cut The Hat loose,but can't lure in Jimbo? For some reason (Alleva?) we've had to gamble on recent coordinators hires, and we're simply too high profile a program to have to make the same gamble on a head coach. My feeling on the whole matter is, a. is the program headed in the right direction? No. b. Has Miles earned the right for a "one last chance under certain conditions" ultimatum? I think so; those ultimatums being, Cameron, Peveto and maybe even Steele are gone, you hire a proven OC with a 21st century offense, and you stay the fuck out of his way. c. Is "b" likely to happen? Don't make me laugh, but the alternative is not very attractive either, if I'm right about Jimbo.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    LSU_4_LIFE and ScottforJC like this.
  10. lsudolemite

B may have been a viable option pre- Ole Miss, but not anymore. Even if Les survives to 2016 he's now a lame duck HC. What quality assistants are we going to attract where they have zero job security after 12 months?

lsu-i-like likes this.