REAL ID Act

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bud Lee, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

It's pretty crazy to think that after Jan. 15 I can't fly out of Louisiana to any other state without a passport, but I can drive across any state line.

You have states that are going nuts over attempts to make it a requirement to have a valid state ID to vote but you don't hear anything about this...sigh...well at least I already have a passport.

gyver likes this.
  2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm excited about this. It will be nice to be at less crowded airports. Probably cheaper flights too.

3. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I'm not seeing that happening because of this law...what I am seeing happening is riots and arrest made all day on Jan 16th in the 15 states that are going to be affected because I would guess that 50% of the people flying out of these states are going to have NO clue that they need a passport before they get to the gate.

Hell, I might go hang out just to watch.

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Let me know, I'll bring the beer and meet you there.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Huh? What the hell are you talking about Bud Lee? Get a drivers license and go on about your business. Nothing to see here. Unless of course you are in the country illegally.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You can get a Passport Card that has a secure chip in it and is scannable like a passport but you can carry it in your wallet. It fast-tracks you across the border when returning from Canada or Mexico, too.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

How much are they? And do you obtain them at the main POs like you do for Passports? Not really sure why there's a need for a national ID, thought State DLs were always acceptable or is this just another trap to have each US Citizen spend another $175 for an ID?

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Bc something like 15-20 mill potential voters do not have one is my guess. At least as their agenda for pushing it to steal more of your money.

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Seeing as how it takes months to get a Passport, as well as the costs... i'd think it'd be easier and much cheaper if everyone just went and bought a State ID.
    I've been able to vote for 20 years, and i've always had to show my ID to vote, never gotten around that one... so where are all these polling stations that allow non ID holders to vote?

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

They can't vote due to no DL. Hence the national ID money grab.