REAL ID Act

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bud Lee, Oct 31, 2012.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

I have a passport card, it was like 70 dollars I think. I use it for domestic travel because I don't have a drivers license. It is not valid for international travel except for mex and can and Carib.

tirk likes this.
  2. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

That’s just it my friend, the Louisiana license and about 14 other states don't meet the federal standard so Louisiana citizens will no longer be able to use their Louisiana Driver licenses as a ID when flying.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I can't see that working out well.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Yeh but it doesn't require a DL to vote, just an $8 or so State ID card. Still not seeing the importance of this other than to seperate more money from our pockets like you stated.

5. Bud Lee

Little off topic...but...uhm...off hand I think only 7 states (Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan and South Dakota) require ID to vote, PA is currently trying to pass a law that would require you to have a valid state ID to vote and the people up there were throwing a fit about it...well...some people.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

Proper adults should have a passport anyways. Although they should be free, I was pissed when I had to pay for mine and the card. The government should give free passports and passport cards to any citizen that wants one.

7. Bud Lee

Oh I'm almost certain there will be mass chaos on Jan 16th...Mobius and I are going to go watch and drink some beer...you want in? You can hang with us if you bring the snacks

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

What's the Fed Standard? What because we don't list SS#s on our DLs? Oh well... guess I just don't get to travel unless it's by highway. Not like I really go anywhere anyway. Thx to peoples stupidity I can't stand going to the store or driving anywhere for that matter.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

Mass ciaos sounds fun.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Why? What's the point in having a passport if you never leave the country? Not like I need to make a hasty get away to a non-extradition country.I've only been out of this country 3x all to TJ since my dad lives about 30 minutes from the border, never once was my DL not good enough to get me back home.

Richdog likes this.