Real surprise....

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JD, Dec 12, 2003.

1. JD

JD Founding Member

Halliburton price gouging?
    No bid contracts for campaign contributions?
    Say it ain't so
    The only surprise is that there has been an audit - it will be a bigger surprise if the justice department gets involved

http://www.msnbc.com/news/1004142.asp?0cv=CB10

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah. Let's get some French and German companies in on the deal.

3. JD

JD Founding Member

What does that have to do with the issue?

Is the choice a French company or an American company that steals from the taxpayers?

Absolutely incredible - the neo confederates believe it is the RIGHT of these companies to rip off taxpayers

And the saddest thing is that Cheney is defending Halliburton and giving the taxpayers the finger.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yes, Halliburton overcharged its customers, but it was overcharged as well...They didn't see any profit from it.

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

quit defending Cheney....this is not the first shady thing to come out about Halliburton.

He is a crook and a crooked man IMO.....

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, maybe, but you could say that about the whole lot of them, Dems and Republicans.

7. JD

JD Founding Member

EVEN IF what you say is true, I say - SO WHAT. The taxpayers must pay for the incompetence of Halliburton?

And let's not forget, Dick REFUSED to put the contract up for bid - and this isn't a deal that requires special skills - this is for fuel.

Oh, and Halliburton is under a cost+ contract - the higher their cost, the more profit they make. So they have an incentive to maximize costs - and maximize they have. Looting taxpayers during a war effort- what a fine bunch.

Give cash, get an immense government contract. Donating to the right wing is the best investment in this country

8. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Holy shit...a republican has committed a shady business deal...ONLY REPUBLICANS COMMITT SHADY BUSINESS DEALS. Give me a break. Are you the same guys who tried to defend Clinton during Whitewater?????

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

At least the American company that steals from the taxpayers will employ Americans. The only difference between Republican and Democrat politicians in power is who gets to give the lucrative deals to their friends. No matter what the party Politician = Crook. Even on the local level have you ever wondered why lawyers who are making big bucks run for judgeships where the salary is $75,000 or so? If it was another company like Bechtel getting these contracts would it put an extra dollar in our pockets or take an extra dollar out of our pockets? If Gore had been President and assuming, probably falsely, that he would have had the balls to do what Bush did it would be his buddies getting the deals instead of Bush's buddies but the results would still be the same. I am not going to see a single extra dollar in my pocket nor will I see a single dollar disapear from my pocket and neither will you unless you are employed by Halliburton or one of its rivals.

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I have continually said that the best return for the investment is the Airline Spa in Port Allen...