Reality Check

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JDog, Oct 28, 2002.

1. JDog

JDog Freshman

All honest LSU fans (and students of LSU history) knew there would probably be one "slip up" (i.e. Ole Miss last year) this season. Realistic expectations are to win the west, win the SEC and then win the Sugar Bowl. National Championship hopes shouldn't be considered until we are a consistent BCS team (unless we change our name to Miami, Oklahoma, or ND or there is a playoff). Opinion polls (AP and USA Today) still drive college football and LSU still has more ugly recent history than good. We need consistent winning until we can be considered elite.

On another note, where is Michael (Gonna rewrite Reed's records) Clayton? Comparing Randall to Davey, but saying Davey had the edge because of Reed and Toefield is not right. Clayton was supposed to be the phenom to pick up where Reed left off and DD has played Toefield's role just fine. If you're looking for offensive leadership and someone to step up, we should look to Clayton, but where is he? IMO, Randall is not a top caliber qb. Not a flame, teams have won with lesser, but he is not the answer. Too many uncoachable weaknesses that experience won't help. Hopefully he can be a stop gap these last several games until Mauck or a new stud can step in next year.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I'll tell you where he is. He is busy running his routes exactly as he is supposed to. He is playing 100% every play. He is reaching for badly thrown passes, and chasing down DBs who get the ball thrown to them. Clayton's statistics do not reflect his talent and effort. Maybe you couldnt see it on TV, but he was playing his heart out saturday. Once we get consistency in our passing game, he will be a valuable weapon.

3. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

MOBILE YOU GOT THAT BROTHER

MICHAEL CLAYTON PLAYS 100% EVERY SINGLE PLAY. I sat next to his parents at the SECCG and at VT this yr and if he is half the person that his Parents are He is a great person himself. Michael showed what kind of person he was to run down the Auburn LB after the interception and down 24 to 0 with 7 min to go in the 4th quarter. I would take a whole football team full of Michael Clayton's and when a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. It makes me Proud to say Michael Clayton plays for the LSU TIGERS.

MICHAELS DADDY PLAYS 100% EVERYPLAY TOO

MICHAEL CLAYTON WILL PLAY ON SUNDAY

4. MobileBengal

Re: MOBILE YOU GOT THAT BROTHER

LOL! Thats hilarious. I try to do the same. :D

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Michael Clayton

Does his part and then some. We are missing a Quarterback that can get him the ball in crucial situations. We are missing a second receiver that is consistent to take some of the pressure off Clayton. Clayton is not only the best receiver on the team but could probably play as well as anyone on the team at safety. I know he would hit harder.

6. MobileBengal

I wont ever forget a lick Michael Clayton laid on somebody during a kick return. I cant remember who it was against, but it was in Tiger Stadium. I think it was either Auburn or Ole Miss, but man, he crushed somebody. Whoever he hit got knocked out, and Clayton was a little slow to get up. I was convinced he was a playmaker from that point on.

7. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Also, Michael is in only his second season, no readshirt like Reed. He is the real Deal!