Really Not That Bad!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUJake, Sep 3, 2002.

1. LSUJake

LSUJake Freshman

A couple of things come to mind after watching Va Tech's Defense take it to the LSU offense.

Keep in mind that this was our first game of the season and we played a very tough team that had already played a game.

1. The Defense played well enough to win. Virginia Tech only scored on one drive where they didn't have a short field. However, there were some missed tackles which I didn't like.

2. That was Mauck's first start ever and while he didn't throw the ball well, he did throw it well enough that the receivers should have caught the ball. And no inerceptions except for that fluke kickball off of Carey's foot.

I am originally from Baton Rouge and I know how crazy the people react to a Tiger loss down there. I just hope fans can realize that our season is not based on that one game. I think Saban can get the Tigers refocused and continue with a great season. I think Mauck the Tigers receivers need the next two games to develop a rhythm on Offense.

One last point, I think the coaching staff should also shoulder some of the blame for the loss. It appeared to me that Jimbo Fisher had a game plan and did not want to adjust it once the game started. I thought that the Tigers could have run the ball more against the Hokies. I thought that Toefield looked strong with the ball (save for the fumble) and could have easily begun to wear down the Hokie defense. With all the passes dropped and failing to convert any 3rd downs. The Hokie Defense stayed fresh the entire game.

Don't worry Tiger fans, There is still a lot more football left. The Tigers will improve and can still be a good team. Lets keep the expectations for this team real!

Geaux Tigers!!!:)

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Great post LSUJake. I think you made the best post to date.

We do tend to burn the city down, with a loss.

Saban will fix what needs fixing.

Geaux Tigers.

3. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

I actually thought they'd never come to TS.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I didn't either but I think its safe to say that if you recorded the game you
    better keep this classic because I don't think VT would ever agree to play
    us again at tiger stadium.

5. FrankA

FrankA Founding Member

Their cancellation of the game when it was originally scheduled was a big mistake...for them. They'll taste this game for a long time.
    That being said, I hope they win out. They have a good squad and it will help our SOS.