Really Really Really Bad Movies

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Apr 29, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Man some good flics in this thread. I'm gonna have to check out that 1st with Roddy Piper, looks awesome.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space was pretty rad, and so was Eegah.

300 was probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I liked Howard the Duck but I was only 10 or so when I saw it. I'm guessing I would not like it now.

I also liked Caddyshack 2 but was really young for that one also.

I haven't seen any of the Hunger Games movies and only bits and pieces of Harry Potter. My 10 yr old has developed a love for reading from these books so I guess that's a good thing. He's watched the movies and likes them also.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Earlier this year, I acquired a movie package for my TV station that will, regrettably, force me to air one of the worst movies of all time next month. The 1976 version of "King Kong." As Leonard Pinth-Garnell might have said, "Exquisitely awful!"

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Clearly none of you have seen The Room or there'd be no debate. I challenge anyone who has made a nomination of another film to watch just the first 15-20 minutes of this movie and tell me it's the hands down winner. And keep in mind that it only gets worse and worse as it progresses. I've seen a lot of movies of all genres. It is by far the good standard of shitty movies.

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Mars Attacks was cinematic genius. I still laugh uncontrollably when the martians talk. This was not exactly Jacks finest hour but any movie with him breathing in it becomes an instant classic. I am sorry, but this is on the same level as saying Airplane sucked.

Winston1 and red55 like this.
  6. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Are we only talking about wide release bad movies? Because if not, I've got the winner (loser?) hands down. It was made by an insurance salesman on a bet and is without a doubt horrendous. It is Manos -- The Hands of Fate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manos:_The_Hands_of_Fate

If anybody here is an MST3K fan, you might have seen it done by those guys. A couple years ago, the same guys riffed on it live and that riff is available here: http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/rifftrax-live-manos-hands-fate

And if you're an MST3K fan and in the Baton Rouge or Covington areas, you should be able to see Sharknado riffed by them in July. I plan to be there.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Man I was so close to saying something about MST3K and rifftrax but didn't think anyone would know what I was talking about. Awesome, you should check the riff for 300 it's awesome.

8. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

RiffTrax is some of the funniest stuff I have ever seen. Did you watch the National Geographic specials on April Fools' Day?

Oh, and no I haven't seen 300 but it's on my list.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Also love MST3K and Rifftrax, and have seen Manos. I swear, I think I could go to my checkbook right now and write a check that would cover that turkey's budget.

Edit: No, I couldn't. Mashed the link above and saw that Manos had a $19,000 budget. Surprised it was that much.