Reason LSU plays daytime football games?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Mar 1, 2006.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Hear ye, Hear ye! This man speaks the truth! I confirm this statement!

Case in Point:

Tigerforum friends, Tiger fans & countrymen, lend me your eyes!

Not long ago, on the eve of the GA game for a FB SEC Championship, the good Skipper took his newest pet & prized coaching lapdog (Lesfallatio) to Dallas on a mission regarding "direct suction" of the Cotton Bowl Committee, this to assure LSU of a spot in the Cotton in event of a loss to GA. Surely, there can be nothing more base than a deed such as that! A deed performed by a money grubbing scoundrel and his "lapdog" who led LSU to a disgraceful loss to the now hated GA. I stand on record of fact here. You be the judge of what is right & wrong.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

My thoughts exactly.

What did the original aurthor expect Skip to do?? Completely shut off a chance at National exposure because some people want all games in Tiger Stadium played at night???? ...but it doesn't matter because, like you pointed out, it's not Skip's call what times the games are broadcast.

3. areed7

areed7 Founding Member

Something I've wondered for a while is why can'y LSU play a night game on CBS like UF/UT seem to every year. I guess perhaps there is a lot of interest nationwide in those two programs, or at least more so than there is in LSU. But an LSU v Auburn or LSU v anyone for that matter would be fun on nat'l TV at night.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

But in 2003, LSU DID play Auburn at night in a nationally televised game.

5. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

The LSU/Ark game on Friday is a great thing for 2 reasons.

1.) It is the only game on tv at that time, so it gets people who would not normal watch an LSU game a chance to see the team.

And the MOST IMPORTANT REASON!!

IT GETS ME OUTTA GOING SHOPPING WITH THE WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as Skip being the cause for the day games, I would say that Penn & Teller would say thats, "BULL****"

BUT is Skip a greedy polotican, while it would not surprise me, just because most people in high power in Louisiana turn out that way.

I would like to see a couple more LSU CBS night games. Maybe we need to write the CBS big wigs and explain to them what it means to sit in Death Valley on a Saturday Night.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I'm no big fan of Bertman as AD but no AD in his right mind is going to turn down nationally televised games that promote their team, their university and pays big bucks. It's a lot about dollars but not completely, Miles and any other coach would love to be able to tell a recruit we played in 4 or 5 nationally televised big games last year, don't you want to play on TV too? It also puts the team and the university on TV which I'm sure the entire LSU administration loves being able to promote the university while getting payed big bucks. If you are a big time team which LSU has become you will play day games on TV whether the fans like it or not it's just the way it is. I remember sitting in the stands for all those night games during the Hallman years and take my word for it, winning during the day beats the Hell out of losing at night.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

We have been playing daytime games for years - long before Bertman took over the AD's job. The reason? Money.

8. Bengal Buddy

I might add that, if i am not mistaken, an SEC team does not have the option of accepting or turning down an offer to play a day game

9. Bengal Buddy

While I prefer the night games, you are right. No thinking coach would turn down an opportunity to play on nation-wide or even a regionally televised game.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

No, money doesnt have anything to do with it...money, what an over[FONT=&quot] exaggerated [/FONT]concept...:dis: