Reasons to be positive.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Sep 28, 2010.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well one thing if for certain, barring an injury to JJ we will never find out. Oh and just to be clear, NO I am not wanting JJ to get hurt, I'm only pointing out that is the one and only way Lee will see any meaningful playing time and I'm not convinced meathead doesn't give the ball to the walk on if that happens.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Almost, he wants his big and fast.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Everybody's got big. Fast is the key.

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I'm just saying it's good to have both. That's where we are with this pro vs spread debate. It goes on, with both sides of the ball.

Bama at LB is taking the approach you can have big guys that move well as apposed to glorified Safeties playing the position to keep up with tiny, quick spread players on offense. So far in the fourth quarter, it seems to matter.

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

unlike most Bama fans

there are other things in my life

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

That is where the "many" come in. 8 or 9 on the DL plus 5-6 LB and DBs keeps them fresher in the 4th qtr. The qualifier is that if we can't generate some O them 45 mins on D will wear them all out.

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

We're 4-0, ranked #10 and will most likely be 5-0 heading into next week's big one against Florida.

We've beaten 4 BCS teams. Two of them were ranked, and we haven't trailed since the 2nd quarter of the opener. Only during the last minute against UNC have I felt like we were in trouble.

I look at the schedule and see at least 5 more wins - UT, MCNeese, Auburn, ULM and Ole Miss.

I think we can beat Florida and Arky and we have 'Bama at our place.

We have a real shot this year.

Be happy folks. It could be a lot worse.

Just ask Mark Richt and/or Derek Dooley.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

what would everyone talk about then???!!!

there's a time for reaction and there's a time for logic and this .... is no time for logic.

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

To be fair, even as terrible as we were on offense last week, we still held onto the ball longer than in any game so far this season, enough to get us over 30 minutes of TOP per game on the season.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I admit things are better than what they were last year at this point. So that is a big plus. Still in all there is much to be worried about going into the meat of the SEC schedule. Yes, LSU is 4-0. But we have yet to bring a full A or even B game to the table. UNC wasnt near full force, yet LSU had to survive to win. Lost of focus and pathetic play calling being the main reasons. LSU goes to defeat Vandy and MSU. Both games were dominated by the D. The O should have put up a lot more points. Although they did move the ball some. Still the play calling was beyond horrible. The W Va game was another strong performance from the D. Once again the O was stalled. LSU should have won that game much easier.

This year LSU is running the ball much better. But the bad thing is many runs are either for nothing or for big chuncks. We need stability and consisntency. When you cant pass or there is no threat then you likely will have trouble. The D is stacking the line. The coaches must start calling more pass plays with deeper routes. They must trust JJ more. Also, if JJ cant make the reads or is too scared then sit him down. If not we in for another long season once we hit the meat of the schedule. LSU has won on talent so far. Against Ark, Auburn, Bama and UF that wont cut it.

If they so hell bent on calling the damn option they should put Shepard in there to run it. Its painfully obvious JJ isnt an option QB. He does run the draw well but not the option.

The team does need some serious focus. Again, you only focus as much as your leader. LSU has imploded for two straight years. The sunshine pumpers can say what they want but thats not a good trend.

On the D, the only thing wrong I see is a lack of good tackling. Far too many missed tackles. LSU doenst do a good job or wrapping up or driving through tackles. Thankfully the team speed is great and makes up for it. LSU swarms to the ball as well as anyone. You cant expect your D to be out there most of the game though against top teams.

My grades so far:

Coaching: D- Lack of focus, predictable play calling. Thanks to Chavis and the D it doesnt get a F

QB: D- JJ hasnt made the reads, far too in accurate.

RB: B- Ridley is a damn good back, overall too many fumbles.

WR: C- Way too many drops, plus lack of opportunities to stretch the field with the play calling

OL: B- Much improved from last year, solid group, sometimes prone to penalties

DL: A- Nevis is having a great season, consistently getting up field this year, making plays once again like a LSU DL should

LB: B- Fly to the ball, too many missed tackles to be an A

DB: B- Peterson is hands down the best, improving each game, Claiborne and Mathieu are really blossoming

ST: A- Jasper and Peterson, nuff said.