Recap of the day...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TD TIGER, Jan 15, 2005.

1. TD TIGER

TD TIGER Founding Member

We find out that Oklahoma is not only a rumor, but a real possibility on the schedule. This is the type team that's been missing since Texas A&M. Arizona, blah. Arizona St, nice try. OU, now it's time to step up. Folks, this is the type of team that you schedule when you are confident in the direction of the program. This would be big for everyone involved, and can you imagine the recruits that will be sitting on the sidelines for this one.

Add to that a great start to the day with Randall and his send-off performance.

Then Powe committs. Whether this sticks or not is a whole 'nother story, but it was great publicity, another endorsement for Miles, and it may be a sign of things to come. If the kid goes JUCO, then so be it, if he changes his mind, so be it. On this day, at this point in the program, this is a HUGE positive. If he pulls Auburn out of the bag, nobody turns their head, but the fact that the purple and gold came out, all of sudden everyone takes notice.

Along with Powe is Perilloux. Say what you want about the kid as far as ego, he is a player. If someone says we don't need the headache, I think they are missing something. First of all, all you have to do is look at what Vick is doing in Atlanta, what he did at Virginia Tech, and what Vince Young did at UT and the Rose Bowl this year to know just how special these kids are. Getting him would also be HUGE. And don't discount the culture of this LSU team. When kids like Spears, Whitworth, and Niswanger stay for their senior seasons, there is more to it than talent. Throw RP in that culture and all of a sudden you have a kid giving his all for LSU, not looking at what LSU can give him. If he decides to come, he will be a great addition. And, if he decides to come, I think a few will follow - he has that kind of respect/influence/charisma.

Top it off with the basketball win and it's a great day. What a game. I live in Texas now and couldn't watch the game, but I was glued to the computer listening to it. Man I miss the days when seats were scarce in the PMAC. Hopefully, with the right coach, those days will return. When I hear Jim Hawthorne say it might be the best game ever seen in the PMAC, I can't help but think of how short of a memory we have as Tiger fans. Where did UNLV go, where did Loyola Marymount go, what about the days when the SEC championship was riding on the line? How can we be so satisfied all the way around? And that disappoints me.

Other LSU moments of the day are Faneca repeatedly mentioned along with Mawae. Throw in McClure, Lavalais, and Trev Faulk and LSU is well represented. Also props to Warrick Dunn and Big Ben. I know Roethlisberger doesn't really have any LSU or Baton Rouge ties, but one letter to Saban speaking of how classy the LSU team was has me liking the guy - among all the other things he does that pro-athletes are too selfish to do.

Anyway, great day for the Tigers!

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Excellent post - a very enjoyable read.

I hope to read future recaps from you.

3. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

I missed this (been in N.O. since last night) - what's the story?

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Yep, it was pretty good day for LSU in the NFL and tomorrow will be even better I think. Gay will have his work cut out for him vs Eli's big brother.

I was kind of disappointed with not having more LSU guys in the All american Bowl because I like to see big time layers that are going to LSU get the exposure. If Powe ever makes it in Purple and Gold I will be surprised, I think he just wanted to get on TV.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I totally agree with ya, 99...

...but it DOES help to have a great TIGAH day like today to recap... :) :thumb:

:lsup: :geaux: :lsup: LSU! :lsup: :geaux: :lsup: LSU! :lsup:

6. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

nm - just found the thread about Oklahoma

7. tigerfan25

tigerfan25 Founding Member

Does anyone know if D-1 school's pay for scholarships athlete's JUCO? Do some? Can they?

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

We should just buy 'em a nice, reasonable balla's car to drive while at the JUCO (say, an Escalade) and maybe cover baby mama's reasonable expense while they're away!

9. TigerFan101

TigerFan101 Founding Member

we all know that every day is a great Tigah day :thumb:

We need these "recaps" every day... especially since I cannot get on sometimes. It would be nice to be able to just skim through what happened that day. That is way better than having to read 1000 posts when I get on at night :(

:geaux: :helmet: :geaux:

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

You can not pay for an athlete's placement into JUCO...Unless your a 'Bammer...