Recipe Time Again

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by TCUTiger, Nov 2, 2015.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I know hundreds of you fry turkeys chickens etc this time of year. My old onion/garlic juice etc etc injection receipe getting old. Not much on any of the Tony C ready made deals. Looking for some other home made type injection recipe's used at tailgates/holiday deals you guys do. Red Beans rice deal I got a couple years ago from here was KILLER.......as the French (or Frainch as my Den Springs F.I.L says) No Gas either!

Tiger Exile likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I use the commercial injection stuff like Tony's but before I inject I add some worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and just a little crab boil and hot sauce to the mixture. Make sure the garlic powder is well dissolved. I've never seen garlic juice but that might work better.

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Yes they make onion/garlic juice in 2oz bottles. I combine that with melted butter, light olive oil, 6-10 oz La Hot Sauce or similar along with spices. Need big needle with big holes in it. Just wondering if there was something out there a little different.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not I. There is a reason we only cook turkeys once a year. They're just not THAT good. Give me a spiral-sliced honey-baked ham from that place in Lafayette all day.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It's called Honey Baked Ham. Is a chain. I could eat fried turkey a lot more but frying a turkey is more trouble than it's worth if you only fry one. $30 of peanut oil. Last time I did it I fried 6 or 7 and gave most of them away for Christmas

6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Last year I had a HB ham, 4, 6lb chickens fried same marinade as the Turk.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I bought an infrared turkey fryer I use for single turkeys. I like the turkeys in it every bit as much as one fried in oil. I also have a very large injector that allows me to inject fine cut onions and garlic.
    http://www.charbroil.com/the-big-easy-oil-less-turkey-fryer

8. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I have one of those too and really like it. I wrap the legs and wings in foil to keep them from overcooking. I have cooked chickens, roasts and pork loins in it as well.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I also think fried turkeys are overrated as are turduckens. My mom could bake a hen with stuffing that was far better.

LSUTiga likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I never quite saw the appeal of the turducken. I sort of saw it as a novelty item or something. I wouldn't buy one.

LSUTiga and TwistedTiger like this.