Record crowd for a Spring Game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Apr 16, 2004.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've heard the rough estimates of our largest crowds for past Spring Games. I was just curious if there's an official (or even unofficial) largest crowd for a Spring Game and what year/university it was for.

I know all of us have friends and family that are LSU fans but rarely attend games. This is the perfect opportunity to take them out to Tiger Stadium (cheap and available tickets) and enjoy the day in a little less hostile environment. Although I probably won't bring my 1 yr old, it seems like a good time to bring young kids that you may not ordinarily take with you to a big SEC night game in Tiger Stadium. If we all take just a couple of extra people with us, I bet that could really increase the size of the crowd. What is the estimated size right now (assuming weather is good)?

Does anyone know if camcorders will be allowed in the stadium?

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I don't know if their is any official estimate, but my guess is somewhere around 30K. I'll have 8 with me. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

57,200 showed up for Ohio State's 2003 spring game after they won the NC. No way we will match that. I'll be there.

4. diamondheadtiger

That's an amazing number for a spring game :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

We could fill Tiger Stadium

easily ... just the right PR push needed.

We should hit 40K ... they could double it if they wanted

6. diamondheadtiger

Agreed. If they made it a night game and added some PR, no tellin how many more would show up. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Oh I think we could do it if the right marketing strategies were used behind it. Make it an all day event with some zydeco band playing, food for sale, games and events goin n for kids, an auction or something for adults. It would also be a great way for them to give a presentation of the whole LSU vision plan and get donations for that. And yes, make it a night game, or atleast an early evening game.

8. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Another National Championship Celebration

Gumbo & Jambalaya Festival starting about 11.

Music from several live bands ... a little Jazz

Open Tiger Stadium until 3PM.

Autographs & Open House ...

2003 Season Replays on the Big Screen

All day event ... Kickoff about 4 PM.

Tickets 20.00 a head, kids 10.00

60K ... guaranteed ... load the house up

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

My understanding is that only the East side of Tiger Stadium will be used, due to the construction on the West upper deck, and the safety issues
    surrounding it.

10. BB

BB Founding Member

That is an amazing number and we won't top that. I do remember that Alabama had 30,000 at their Spring Game following the Probation Rulings - that, to me, is impressive...