Record of Top 5 team's opponents so far

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If an SEC team is left out it will be Notre Dame throwing the monkey wrench. Do I think they are one of the best 4 teams or will be by the end of the season? No. But because of who they are they will get in even if they lose 1 game. As it stands right now Alabama and Ohio State are shoe-ins if chalk holds to form. Clemson won't make it unless their QB gets healthy and they have impressive wins. They won't. That leaves Oklahoma as the 4th team unless they lose.

What is interesting is if Bama and Georgia are undefeated and play for the SEC title. Would Bama jump over Oklahoma or even the Irish if they lost the SECCG? Or if LSU loses to Georgia, beats Bama for their only loss and then beats Georgia in the rematch. Which is stronger nationally? Gump bias or Notre Dame bias?

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Already covered just not sure who gets screwed (now implied). Better not be us. Guess we better stay undefeated.

furduknfish, LSU_4_LIFE and GregLSU like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's why they play the games.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

No. Not in the least bit. If any quarterback was having this type of start to a season I'd be quick to point out how well he's doing--to anyone. It's borderline ridiculous.

There's a difference between knowing and admitting. I'm sure there are a lot of people in both categories with this subject. I've seen quite a few having a hard time with the later. Hell, in some regards, I'm hesitant.

imageedit_6_3305325280.jpg

5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Part of this is true. Part of it isn't.

It was announced he was suspended for the whole game. After the meeting of the leadership council it was reduced to a half before the game. It was before the final walk through--that I'm positive about. The decision, led by the players on the council, was to reduce it to a half because it was senior day--his last home game in Tuscaloosa.

Saban addressed it by saying "maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong." I'm no fan of DJ. Believe you me. I wanted him kicked off the team in '05 because of his bullshit. He should have been kicked out of school. But, I got to say...the senior day aspect has its own merit.

LSU fans shouldn't have an issue with a leadership council on a team making a decision regarding a player and if, when, or how much he plays.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

If ND is undefeated it's hard to call them a monkey wrench. They'll get a nod no matter what. Hell, if we were looking at an SEC team, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma all having undefeated teams Notre Dame will get the nod over one of them. Despite being down for a long time and vastly over rated a few years ago they still carry enough cache to propel them over other teams. Ohio State comes close but still doesn't carry the same weight.

It's almost as if votes are an homage to Beeno.

He threw the soccer ball pretty well.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Does the specter of Bama’s influence over the refs extend to Baton Rouge? Should be a great game, I expect a lot of whining from the losing side.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

They live in Bham. Their families well-being depend on it.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'm sure someone will be able to invent some type of theory. Some of you guys have that market cornered in spite history showing Bama opponents being penalized less than any other of the 130 teams in D1. Do what you guys do best! [​IMG]
    Never, ever, go full 'taint.

10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

i can see the following scenario occuring.
    LSU loses to Georgia: LSU drops to ~10th
    LSU beats Bama: LSU rises to 6th Bama Falls to 5th Georgia to 1st
    LSU beats Georgia in SECCG
    Voters view LSU and Georgia as equals but behind bama so they slip bama in ahead of both at the #4 spot.

In that manner Bama for the third time is gifted the championship.

LSU_4_LIFE and furduknfish like this.