Record year for former tigers in NFL..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stevescookin, Jan 17, 2018.

1. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It’s a farce those guys weren’t invited to begin with.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Fournette with 73 yds rushing so far today. Most ever by a rookie against the Pats in post season

Bayou Tiger likes this.
  4. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Was checking in now and then just to watch him. Was thinking, if he wins a SB, what a good decision he made to leave.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Pats take the lead

6. LaSalleAve

Fournette is a really good running back but is it just me or is the league moving away from a time where that type of tailback was a complete game changer? I actually think Guice will be more productive in the NFL, because of his pass catching ability and elusiveness, it looks like Fournette has to work for every single yard. He just doesn’t look as explosive as he did year 2 at LSU.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think part of that is the Jags offense. They mixed it up pretty well in the first half today, but went conservative throughout the second half and he just had nowhere to run.

Watching the Jags' last possession. 1st and 10, Bortles threw a poorly aimed ball to LF, who didn't make much of an effort to help his QB. Next play, LF is out and Yeldon in, and as they lined up, I thought, Yeldon probably is a better receiving option, but doesn't pass block as well as Leonard. Ball snapped, insided LB blitzes, blows up Yeldon and gets half a sack. 3rd and half a mile and the game was pretty much over.

didit likes this.
  8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I think it has a lot to do with the evolution of defensive line and their techniques. Additionally, the incredible speed of linebackers get to any hole quickly.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

It just seemed like every game I watched him play in he was like around 100 yards with well over 20 attempts. Remember how he always struggled against Alabama, well in the NFL it’s basically Alabama every week, you’re playing the best of the best and although he has broken a few this year at times he just doesn’t look like himself. Maybe it will take some time for him to adjust to the NFL kind of like Ingram has, he was a slow starter and really has been good over the last few seasons and he is that same type of punishing run forward tailback.

It just seems to me like the league is changing a bit, those scat backs have always been there but now they are almost a must have.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

Here is another question.

So the greatest NFL coach of all time and the greatest College Football coach of all time were on the same Cleveland Browns coaching staff, Belichick Head coach and Nick Saban Defensive Coordinator, and the Browns stunk. Are these 2 coaches beneficiaries of 2 great programs and supporting casts over their dynastic runs currently, or are the Browns just cursed?

COTiger and Richdog like this.