recruiting overview

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J_Oats, Jul 4, 2002.

1. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

Can someone just give me a quick overview of how the recruiting class is going so far? Just the top few prospects who have commited, the top few that are interested in LSU, and an overall rank at this point in the summer. I appreciate it, because I havn't been following recruiting this year, thank you

2. StLee

StLee Founding Member

I assume you are referrng to the 2003 class. The best place to look is Dandy Don's recruiting web site.

Here is a direct link to the 2003 commitments. Needless to say, it is going to be better than the 12th ranked nationally 2002 recruiting class, especially once players like Robert Lane from Monroe commit.

Tiger Commitments - Class of 2003
    Updated 06/21/02

Matt Flynn (QB, 6'3", 218), Tyler Texas, Robert E. Lee high school. Matt is considered by many as the top high school quarterback in Texas and chose LSU over Alabama, Purdue, Indiana, Tulane, GA Tech, Vanderbilt, UCLA, Arizona, Baylor and Oklahoma.

Jonathan Zenon (ATH, 6'2", 190, 4.5), Breaux Bridge. Coach Nick Saban was very impressed with Jon Zenon at the LSU Summer camp and offered him at the camp. Jon was recruited by all the state schools and several SEC schools.

Jerry Sevin (OL, 6'2.5", 288, 4.9), John Curtis high school. Jerry Sevin made first team All-State the last two years and made honorable mention All-State as a freshman. Jerry has made several preseason high school All-American teams and has received over 50 offers from schools across the nation, though he never did really consider any school except LSU.

Mike Harrison (QB, 6'2", 210), Cerritos Junior College in Norwalk, California. Mike signed with Hawaii out of high school and transferred to Cerritos after two seasons at Hawaii including a redshirt year. Mike threw for 1,847 yards and 17 touchdowns at Cerritos last season in only eight games.

Chris Yoder (OL, 6'3", 285), Kingswood high school. Chris attended one of the LSU Summer camps last Summer and impressed the LSU coaching staff with his ability to pull and his aggressive style of play. Chris chose LSU over Sycrause, Texas A&M, Boston College, Oklahome State, and Tulane.

Ally Broussard (RB, 6'1", 225, 4.5), Acadiana high school. Ally Broussard has all the tools to be a great SEC running back. Ally made first team All-State as a junior and was recruited by all the major schools in the South.

Will Arnold (OT, 6'5", 310), Centerville, Mississippi Academy. Will is listed as one of the top 10 prospects in the state of Mississippi and one of the top two offensive lineman prospects in the state. Will was recruited by most of the SEC schools along with Nebraska and Texas.

Jessie Daniels (FS, 6'0", 180, 4.45), Breaux Bridge. Coach Saban was very impressed with Jessie Daniels at the June Summer camp in 2001 and believes Jessie can play early for the Tigers. Jessie would have been a national
    recruit had he not committed to LSU early. Jesse is ranked No.9 on my top prospect list.

Keith Alleger (TE, 6'5", 230), Leesville. Keith was only 17 when he committed to LSU and still has some growing to do. Keith chose LSU over all the schools in the SEC and is ranked No. 14 on my top prospect list.

3. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

yea, I'm just waiting for football season to start up again, you'll see me on here a lot in about a month.

Thanks STLee for the answer.