Recruiting Polls question

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Feb 5, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I saw a prominent recruiting poll that had LSU way ahead of USC a few days ago. I think they had LSU with 83 points and USC with 63 points, with basically no chance of USC catching LSU.

Anyone know which poll this was?

2. xentar

xentar Freshman

I think that was insiders and the 83 and 63 were just total stars in the class. If you look on insiders I think LSU wil still be higher then SC in total stars because LSU is bringing in a lot more players then SC.

3. islstl

Hmmmmm.....well whatever poll this was, it seemed like this was how they ranked everyone. And if that is the case, there is no way USC passed LSU. LSU still had a few recruits come in after that poll.

4. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

HELL, Insiders said one week ago that LSU was #1 with no chance of being caught. I guess they got caught.

I dont get the point system.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I really dosen't matter. I am very happy with 2 #1 recruiting classes and a #2 in a 4 year period.

6. islstl

Yeah it is truly amazing. NO ONE on these boards predicted that to happen when Saban landed in BR.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Bengal B

I know it does not matter its just funny how these polls that have calculations that are run by humans change in midstream. Which means to me that the calcualtion dont matter in recruiting polls. Its just like when you beat a team ranked 117th whats the differents in beating a team ranked 80th? NOTHING, I think you need to look at top 5 to 10 in recruiting because anybody in the top 10 has a great class anybody in the top 5 has an awesome class. But you really dont know just how good it is untill they when a National Championship like SPEARS, CLAYTON and others in that class NOW THAT IS THE BEST CLASS IN THE COUNTRY.

8. islstl

I just found it real funny that USC caught us in this poll, even with LSU making a couple of big catches in Herm and Hawk.

And rivals decides to stop giving us points for the last 4-5 recruits. I didn't understand that at all.