Recruiting Ramifications...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by phi1514, Nov 22, 2009.

1. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

YES, Miles completely screwed up at the end of the game with pathetic clock management and play calling.

YES, the assistant coaches completely screwed up at the end of the game with pathetic clock management and play calling.

YES, it is another loss for the Tigers on friggin CBS at 2:30 in front of a national audience.

YES, we are going to finish third in the SEC West behind Alabama and Ole Miss.

YES, there are re-occuring, fundamental errors that continue to be made (thus costing you time outs) that are killing our football team.

NO, I am not a "sunshine pumper"...I am just as pissed as the rest of you.

I could go on for a WHILE.

My problem lies in the failure to accept responsibility or any semblance of accountability for what happened. That post game press conference was no more than finger pointing and unfortunately, it appears Miles is making excuses and blaming everyone but himself. For $4.0M+ per year, I expect accountability and agree with most on TF that a Sunday press conference from Mr. Miles in order to save face.

Talk radio, TV, Internet Forums, etc. across the south in the media markets of all our opposition is going to have a field day not only with the pathetic management at the end of the game (which we all know is not the first time), but the apparent shot taken by our head coach at our 19 year old QB Jordan Jefferson. I am very fearful that we have just given the likes of Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Houston Nutt, Lane Kiffin, Gene Chizik, etc. all the ammunition they needed to lure some of our verbals away.

I'm not trying to be chicken little. I REFUSE to accept a repeat of last year. We have to put this behind us and find a way to stop Mallet and the Arky offense and get a Cotton Bowl bid and win out to finish 10 - 3 and in the top 15.

However, in light of yesterday's events, I am scared to death that the lasting effects of that debacle could linger for a long, long time. The blood is in the water and the SEC sharks (ie the other coaches) are SURELY taking note and ready to attack.

FYI guys...screaming for Miles to be fired is a knee jerk reaction that is going to do nothing more than cause a rift in the Tiger Nation and make us look very, very unattractive to potential recruits. We know it is not going to happen so just ignore that huge elephant in the room and don't say anything about firing the HC.

Thoughts guys?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

good post.

3. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

Seriously guys. COME ON!!!

Mr. Seastrunk was being pumped full of L - S - U...Lache Seastrunk University. If he gets on here and sees one of these threads (let alone the 10+ about firing Miles), what do you think he is going to see/think.

WE are sending out a message to recruits now that reads more like L -S - U...Les Sucks University!

WE can run damage control on this thing even if the coaching staff won't accept accountability. Stop the Fire Miles threads. Focus on beating Arky and winning out including a New Years Day bowl for our seniors.

BTW...lost in all this is that we lost another senior leader for the rest of the season, Keiland Williams, to a fractured ankle. Where is that thread...probably on page 3 right now. How about some appreciation for Keiland's hard work for four years (remember that nice run against Va Tech in '07) instead of spewing venom at our program.

If you want to vent, go to the local bar and watch the Saints today and scream all day about it. Unfortunately I can't do that, but I'm not going to add fuel to the fire for others to use against us.

I am just as die hard as the rest of you, pissed as hell at Miles, and FAAAR from a "sunshine pumper", but what is done is done. It was effen terrible!!! Let's move on. We can finish 10 - 3 with momentum going into spring ball and next season.

4. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

One more thing...we fixed our D with the hiring of Chavis. It is time to fix the O and find an O coordinator that can develop and utilize the talent we have on that side of the ball.

We all KNOW that Miles is not going to get fired. These threads are doing nothing but harm to our program. He has something like an $18.0M buyout. It is not going to happen. How about we invest some thought and energy into potential replacement offensive coordinators and someone to help Les "manage the game."

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

OK, how many yards did we give up yesterday? The defense is better when compared to last season but is's not fixed yet.