Recruiting rankings past 4 years

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Richt can recruit and he can coach until crunch time. Then his teams fold faster than a busted straight.

ParadiseiNC and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I'd be surprised id the opposite was true.

A number of factors but the O threw for over 400 yards as well. Depends on how you look at it and what the situations were.

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I get it. USC has been near the top of the recruiting rankings for awhile now but we haven't exactly delivered when it counts. I don't believe we will this year either because Helton is squeaky clean....or so it seems.
    Yes, UGa has been the perennial bridesmaid. Is Kirby THAT much better? I don't know. First year performances can be a mixed bag. Pete Carroll sucked. I think Miami will have a decent year but perhaps Richt's return energy will have already faded by now.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Miamis scrimage notes noted a lot of miscues on their O as well as a number of WR drops.

They also said their 1st team O went against their second team D and was a pretty even battle.

I think our D will have to carry us the first few games of the season.

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I agree, our D will definitely have to carry us. It will most likely take a while for our offense to find a rhythm and maybe even an identity.

I think people want so desperately for Miami to be back that it’s being overlooked that they too took advantage of a down year for their conference last year and became a media darling (which Richt has always been). Miami did basically what LSU did last year by winning in a conference that was top heavy and not that impressive.

Miami’s season last year reminded of what we’ve seen a lot in BR. A 7-0 start with some ho hum performances against an unimpressive schedule and falling apart down the stretch when finally facing good competition and/or luck running out. Even though I think ND just played extremely poorly and let that game get away early with turnovers I won’t take away credit from the U on that, that was an impressive win for Richt and his boys.

But Miami has been over inflated by the media in my honest opinion and I question a top 10 ranking.

ParadiseiNC and LSUpride123 like this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You are putting too much into a scrimmage. These guys know each other each others moves and their abilities. Defense always has the advantage in scrimmages. The coaches are not looking at the QB's stats but rather their on field decisions, cool under pressure and leadership. If Jeaux doesnt start that means McMillan or Brennan are pretty damm good. We will be fine at QB.

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Scrimmages are always dominated by defense early on in fall camp. Defensive players can just play. Offense has to gel into a cohesive unit.

ParadiseiNC likes this.