Recruiting Rankings...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FriedBoudinBall, Feb 2, 2005.

1. FriedBoudinBall

FriedBoudinBall Founding Member

if you look at it with the average score for each recruit based on the star ranking, LSU would be tied for 3rd in tiger rags rankings...this on a per signee basis...

not too bad of a year. if we would snag jean-francois...it could be even better.

2. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

There is a lot of quality in this recruiting class. Obviously, signing Perrilloux was huge, w/o him, I think most Tiger fans would be disappointed by this class. I'm not clear on whether Holmes and Coleman count this year or not ... if they don't, then we only signed 12 kids and have four empty scholarship positions on the roster? What are the odds of signing Jean-Francois and DeSean Jackson?
    It would have been nice to sign more OL. However, if LSU signs 5-7 OL next year, they should be OK.

WTF re DC -- it looked like it would be Gibbs of the Broncos, that seemed to jive with Miles' vague comments (guy coming from the NFL directly "sort of...") but, Tubberman hired him at Awburn. WTF? Miles said yesterday it wasn't Campo. He seems to be running out of candidates.

Oddly enough, if Saban were still here, Perrilloux probably would have signed w/ Texas.

3. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

why do you say that?(Perilloux would have signed with texas if NS were still here?)

4. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

I didn't think that was anything new, I had heard/read several times that his mother did not like Saban. His HS coach liked Miles, if you'll remember Perrilloux and his family and coach came to BR to meet w/ Miles the day he was hired, his mom hugged Miles.

On the other hand, if we still had Saban, we would have signed those big linemen (Myers, Scott, McNeil, etc.)

5. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

It really doesn't matter though..but I didn't notice that about Saban...thanks for the insight.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't forget we also have a pair of former 4-star recruits transferring in from BCS conference schools. This is a very talented class, despite its small size. No other team in the top-25 signed as few. Nick left a lot of talent in place, too. There was never any point in oversigning a bunch of 2- and 3-star players who might never see the field here.

7. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

You need a scout team.:hihi: