recruiting rankings

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeBTigers, Feb 6, 2002.

1. MikeBTigers

MikeBTigers Freshman

Any word on how LSU's class stacks up against the rest of the country? At some point during the last week, LSU was in the top 10 on Rivals, but then dropped out.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Man it all depends on who you read. Auburn having probably the best class in their history, is not even on the radar on Lemmings and ranked lower then us (Which does not make sense)

They have us at #18 (Espn and Lemmings)

SO all of those are garbage. Auburn is ranked #6 on one and not even in the top 25 in another.

So who knows. I am please with our class. I wish Mcdaniel and Kirkland and a few others would have honored thier promise but we cannot control young kids these days and to them it is a big game anyway.

Saban will make them all 5 stars.

3. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

CBS sportsline doesn't even have LSU in their top 25.

Recruiting Rankings are good for one thing......they give fans and writers something to talk about.

I wish somebody would go back and rank classes after 3 or 4 years. That would be the only true way to do it. These kids are ranked on potential, but potential isn't worth anything unless they do something with it.

4. MikeBTigers

MikeBTigers Freshman

I like LSU's class. Saban filled several needs with some players who might be able to step up right away. (Especially considering Saban's newfound philosophy on playing the young guys.) I am excited about some help on the OL and DL and the good DB talent we signed. Our skill positions should be ok with QB being the only real question mark.

I guess the thing I am most comfortable with is Saban. I really have a lot of confidence that he'll work his tail off to produce a contender. Very Belicheck-esque, if you will. When you look at the LSU team and compare them to the Patriots, there sure are a lot of similarities. I am sure Bill and Nick "rubbed off" on each other when they worked together.

I think the LSU players are really buying in to what coach Saban is trying to do, and that makes all the difference. Geez, I can't wait til Labor Day weekend 2002!

5. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

I think LSU will wind up between # 11 - # 15 on Rivals.com

If the "experts" don't have the Louisiana crop highly rated, so be it.

Saban and staff will do just fine with the best players in Louisiana.