Recruiting Report 2005

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Jul 26, 2004.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I worked on the recruiting prospects late last night. So here goes:

LSU currently has 2 of the top 100 players on rivals.com. LSU had 3, but Keyes has since fallen out, but he may creep back into the list.

LSU has 29 players in the top 100 who legitimately are considering LSU as a possible commitment. By position it goes as follows:

QB........1
    RB/APB..2
    WR.......3
    ATH......3
    TE........3
    OL........4
    DL........7
    LB........3
    DB........3

LSU currently has 8 commitments. I think LSU will sign 19.

12 of the 29 top 100 prospects considering LSU are currently 5 star recruits (top 25 in rivals).

My prediction is for LSU to land 4 of these. Last year LSU landed 7 of the top 100 rivals recruits. I predict LSU lands between 9-12 this year.

Overall I think LSU will end up with 4 five star recruits, 12 four star, and 3 three star. If you project that out to last year's recruiting class, that would have placed LSU anywhere from 2nd to 4th in the nation (more than likely 2nd). So basically it would be considered about as strong as the 2004 class, more quality, less quantity.

Here is where I think LSU will target by position (of the 11 remaining spots):

QB.....1
    WR....1
    ATH...1
    OL.....3
    DL......2
    OLB....2
    TE......1

The QB of course is Perilloux. I really don't know if LSU will go after any other QB if Perillloux goes elsewhere. More than likely, yes. In this case, it would not be someone rated highly like a JaMarcus Russell (#6), but more like a Matt Flynn instead (#16). All QBs at the top of the list are already committed except for Perilloux. If LSU decides not to recruit a QB, then look for LSU to get another TE or even more likely a DL (since 7 of the top 100 are eyeing LSU).