Recruiting the Nations #1 Linebacker

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Turbotigerfan, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

On trip, FSU has Williams' number
    BY MANNY NAVARRO

Willie Williams' weekend visit to Florida State felt like a scene from Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.

From a ride on a private jet to chowing down hundreds of dollars worth of steaks and lobster tails at Tallahassee's most elegant restaurant The Silver Slipper, Williams ate up the royal treatment.

Williams enjoyed it so much that he says FSU has moved back into a tie with the University of Miami in the battle for his services.

''After this visit, it's 0-0 again,'' said Williams, who will also visit Auburn and Florida......

Continued

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

1. Wouldn't have wanted to pay for that meal.

2. Can't believe Bowden would just un-retire anothe rplayers number again. Why retire them in the first place?

3. Remember, Xavier Carter was on that trip also.

4. I am really surprised that they didn't have Simms as his guide initially, last year's number one linebacker recruit.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Doesn't mean a whole lot to have your number retired by FSU. Charlie Ward is probably real happy about that.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If I'm not mistaken they also unretired a number last year for Sims.

5. Turbotigerfan

Sounds like his eyes were bigger than his stomach, but it also sounds like he took home enough doggie bags to feed his whole family.

He was too busy caring for his spiders and snakes, not to mention scorpions.

6. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Yeah, I remember that too. USC unretired #20 for Darnell Bing

7. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I have been to the Silver Slipper and its just another TJ Ribbs. It has a lot of pics of FSU players in the Hall but its nothing special. Infact theirs nightclub in the Resturant also.

I sang Rocky Top after Tenn beat FSU between songs and the FSU fans did not like it one bit but I loved it.

8. Turbotigerfan

The kid took another trip to Auburn over the weekend. Here's his report:

Auburn fails to get Williams

Second in a series: Carol City linebacker Willie Williams, regarded as the top prospect in the state and the sixth best in the nation, has agreed to chronicle his recruiting journey, which took him to Auburn over the weekend and will end with National Signing Day on Feb. 4:

If his trip to Florida State was a perfect 10, then Willie Williams' weekend at Auburn was a few notches below.

After getting spoiled with his own private jet ride to FSU, Williams was downgraded to sharing a flight with with seven other players.

The expensive steak and lobster tails he had been treated to by the Seminoles were replaced by a steady diet of finger foods and ribs.

Continued

9. DDTigerFan

The kid is more concerned with the food and perks of being a college athlete than his development. I wouldn't want this kid.

10. DDTigerFan

Going to Free Shoes University has many many perk$ and I'm sure Good Ol' Bobby has told him about them.