Recruiting Wars

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by sos, Feb 1, 2004.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

He went to Texas and he was at LA TECH for his last year of football. I think Adam problem at LSU was his father but not sure what the problem was at Texas it could have been his father there too.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The #1 ranking may not mean all that much but consistantly finishing in the top ten means a whole lot. Look at Mac Brown his recruiting classes keep him in the top ten year after year despite his coaching.

3. PlaneauxTiger

PlaneauxTiger Founding Member

Remember...

Remember Saban's first recruiting year here...he had about a month to recruit and we lost some recruits to Tulane (RB named Moore). I think we also lost a DT recruit from Carencro to freakin' USL.

We've come a long way...

4. sos

sos Founding Member

I think you mean finishing top ten in the AP poll, not recruiting poll, yes? Playing in the texass conference is what keeps him ranked - he plays a bunch of joke teams and one or two tougher teams outside of texass. They beat e aTm e and they act like it's some accomplishment. Being consistently ranked in the recruiting polls has nothing to do with their AP ranking.

The AP has been exposed as a complete joke this year. Look at where the final rankings are. I'll gop on record to say the AP will be a joke next year too, because I guarantee you LSU will not come in at #1 despite winning THE National Championship.

LSU should remain #1 until knocked off, but that's not what the AP (Assholciated Popularity) poll will see it.

5. sos

sos Founding Member

Your'e right - he did end up at the TU Aggie school where he sat on the bench.

I don't know the boy's father, but I don't think he suited up. McConathy was simply over-hyped and over-rated, and that was the point of the original post. To this day there are still pro teams who aren't as good as the press, and that's pretty bad. Don't forget about OU - "the greatest program ever"!!!

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

LSU should be in the Top 5, and that's a big improvement over where we've started the past few years. If we run the table, I don't think there is any way we don't go to the Orange Bowl. BTW, since USC finished No. 1 in the AP poll, I see absolutly nothing that would indicate they would lose that spot to us going into next season. We just need to hope for a Top 5 ranking.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i thought this kid never really got to show his talent here. when his dad found out the coaches werent gonna let his kid start, he packed up and went to A&M. dont know what happened to him there, but its clear that daddy dearest played a big role in this kids game. who knows what saban might have done with this kid