Recruiting Websites

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by dudley, Jun 9, 2015.

1. dudley

dudley oops!

TigerTap likes this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

So true on rankings. A good friend of mine does La high school rankings, I was eating one day at a local restaraunt and he was saying that Landon Collins was way better than Eric Reid. I told him that Collins wouldn't get picked as high, wouldn't have a team like the 9'ers move up to get him and wouldn't make the Pro Bowl his first year. He wouldn't bet me. We just have to see if he makes the Pro Bowl.

A couple weeks ago I was at a high school in Tx, one college had sent it's DC and OC to look at a few kids, one of the coaches gave me three DB's to look at. After a while the coach came up to me and asked what I thought, I told him I liked all three, he said good, we are gonna offer all three.

Talking with a friend this morning he was telling me that Plaquemine High will be playing Brother Martin out of NO, St Thomas Moore out of Laff and Riverside out of Reserve area, this year. Brother Martin leads it off this year at Plaquemine high. I'm gonna try and make that one. Oh, that same guy had kept up with Godchaux and told me the kid was gonna be a player.

Every paid service does a fair job, I tend to want to see a player in person or talk with a college or high school coach. This gives me the best judge.

LSU does a great job in finding talent in the high schools, with the limits in seeing players, you have to see a lot of film and trust high school coaches.

LSUTiga, cajdav1 and TigerTap like this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Oh, talked with my friend today, Plaquemine High will play 4 schools out of district. Brother Martin, St Thomas Moore, Riverside and South Lafourche, I'm gonna try and make a few of those games.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Recruiting sites and rankings are useful tools to get info on how teams are doing. They all miss on some players and all hit on some players. And of course how much you trust your own coaches talent evals weighs heavily in my mind so I read the sites mostly to get info on the guys we are recruiting heavily and/or commit.

Our coaches know their shit and after watching tons of film that then bring these guys to camp where they can put them through position specific drills to get a better idea of where the kids should play and how good they believe he can be. Of course all coaches miss on a ton of players too as you really can't be quite sure how good a kid is going to be when they step up a level. Heck even the NFL scouts and coaches miss on most of their draft picks and FA's even though they have a large staff devoted full time to evaluating players.

The biggest luxury college coaches have is that they can bring in 25-30 of the top players in the country each year, which makes the misses less harmful to the program.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Right now old Elmer Fudd's team is ranked #1 in recruiting by 247, Rivals, and Scout.

TigerTap, didit and LSUDad like this.
  6. dudley

dudley oops!

Rue Amulet likes this.