Recruits

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JSracing, Jan 17, 2005.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I really like following the "recruiting efforts" BUT

The thing I hate about recruiting season is waiting on a bunch of 18 yr olds who hold their respective potential school's fans hostage like a ketchup commercial that sings Anticipation. All for 20 minutes of Drama that may never come to fruition at any level other than where they are now.

I guess that's why some of them do it. 15 minutes of fame? Of course most do actually pan out and go on to be good at their respective schools. But dahm there is something inherently wrong with being held hostage by a pigskin wielding 18 yr old.

Oh well enough of that!

GEAUX TIGERS! :geaux: :helmet: :geaux: :helmet: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal:

2. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Do you feel that way about the football games too?

Does free will overwhelm you?

Observe the process with keen anticipation, and pray we win the recruiting wars.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I kind of feel the opposite way. This is such an important decision, with so many variables to consider that I'm surprised that most blue-chips don't wait until signing day to decide. It's worse when they commit to a school early, but later decide it wasn't their best move and then back out at the last minute after possibly costing a school another player at the sposition who went elsewhere.

Better they wait until they are damned certain before deciding publicly.

4. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

If you wait too long the offer can be taken off the table. I think that happened to that funny named cornerback, before we lost Keys to Bama. He waited too long and Saban pulled the offer. Wish we had that one back.

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I like the whole recruiting thing, it's just funny the way it turns out.

BTW Frog leg you're a tool for taking seriously my dry humor. I returned your generous offering BTW. :grin:

6. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

JS, why do you feel the need to call out Islstl with your sig. Jesus, if we all called out everyone for being wrong about in a post this forum would be overrun with signatures like that.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

The one thing that I hate about Recruiting Season are the people who say "Kid A is so great" and then when he committs somewhere else it is "Kid A is so over-rated"

And so forth

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I am not "calling him out" I enjoy his predictions, they are a source of great fun here at tiger forums. If you don't see the humor and satire in a sig or disagree with it then you are certainly welcome to say so, or you can express yourself through the reputation system. It's good to have a sense of humor about these things. I used to have girls in my sig, some didn't like that, now humor is under ridicule. I suggest you use the rep system. Good day sir.

9. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

See that is one of the things that I love about recruiting.. Don't get me wrong i want LSU to get every recruit that they want, but I find it hilarious that grown men get upset by the decision of an 18 year old kid to go to another school.

The posts on here about Rp are pure comedy. Grown men talking about "he's leading us on" or "why can't he just make a decision". You would think these guys asked him on a date or something. Even better that are the posts about his every movement.. No time but recruting do we get posts like...

Later in the same thread some will post that their cousin's sister's uncle's nephew knows RP and he was wearing orange boxers so he's going to Texas. Then the same guy who was so confident in the RP turd rumor will start crying about RP pulling at his emotions.

This is good stuff if you have the right attitude about it. :wink:

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That is indeed great news!!!!!!!!!!!! Did anyone get a picture? :eek: :eek: :eek:

If I did ask him out on a date do you think that would help? :shock: :shock: :shock: