recruting class

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerfan1303, Jan 31, 2005.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Quarterback, whether you think we get RP or not, we are still very much in the running and I wouldn't count him out just yet.

As far as receivers go, don't forget that we just picked up Lafell, an underrated wide receiver with a lot of up-side.

And there's an entire thread about the depth of our offensive line - it's not a shaky as it looks. Next year will be more crucial to OL.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

It would be a huge mistake to judge a recruiting class on one individual. If the class will be a bust based on the decision of one player, then it will be a bust anyway. Reading the comments over the last week or so, I could see that attitude taking shape, and I totally disagree with it. If we pull in a top receiver and one or two top defensive linemen, this will be a very good year considering the problems we have had and the number of scholorships we have to offer. Take heart Tiger Fans, and don't put all your eggs in one basket.

3. Bengal Buddy

As far as Lafell is concerned, you might be entirely correct on that score. Rating systems will always be to some degree subjective, but it is all you have to go on.

As far as the offensive line, I stick to my opinion on that. We need a couple of top-rated offensive linemen, but I don't see anyone currently available. I hope you are right about the OL. Perhaps it will shape up to be pretty good. But you can only go on what you see right now - not 7 months from now.

4. Bengal Buddy

You are absolutely correct.