Recurring incorrect food orders?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by lsu99, Jul 18, 2015.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Well, I meant stupid for even going, not stupid for not understanding, but in the harsh light of day, if you go and you cannot understand, that is pretty stupid, too! Thanks for calling me out.

Bengal B likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Sometimes you just go because you're hungry and its quick and convenient. I almost never go for the burgers or chicken sandwiches but I still go to McDonalds once in a while in the morning for a sausage biscuit. And of course if you want fried chicken there's Popeyes. I can't remember how long its been since I fried my own chicken. Too messy.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Exactly. I never send anything back. Ever. I just ask for a refund.

StaceyO likes this.
  4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

That's so not fair. I am 45 and have managed to avoid ever squating in the woods or on the side of the road. God just didn't equip us ladies for that.

When I was in school, I was so picky about restroom cleanliness that I would not go at school at all. I could hold it all day. My daughters have mad skills like that now, but Mom doesn't have that capability anymore.

5. StaceyO

I'm putting back money for both of my daughters for college. I don't want them to be saddled with years of debt by the time they are 22 and starting a career.

My parents paid for my college, but it didn't make me entitled. The rules were very simple. I would NOT drop a class, so I damn-well had to be prepared to pass anything I took. I did know people who took advantage of their parents' money by dropping classes and goofing of, but it never crossed my mind to do that to my parents.

I hope my daughters will feel the same, but if they choose to be irresponsible, then I don't HAVE to continue paying for them to go to school and screw around.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's smart in this day and age, college is very expensive. When I want off to college in the 70's, tuition was $139 a semester. Dorms could be had for $89 a semester and three squares a day in the cafeteria for $325 a semester. Books rarely cost me more than $200 a semester.

It was possible for me to go to college with a very modest scholarship check, a part time job, Mom who always insisted on buying my books and Dad who gave me his Texaco gas card so I could always afford to visit home. I never had to borrow money. HalloweenRun had a full-ride scholarship and a salary at the naval academy.

It is impossible for kids to work their way through college any more unless they have a very-high-paying summer job or a full-time job that forces them to take 6 or 7 years to graduate part-time in school. Most end up owing $25,000 or more for a bachelors degree at a state university.

Parents who can afford to relieve their kids of that are doing them a huge service. My parents could have done that, but it wasn't necessary and I was so determined to be independent. Still, kids should have some skin in the game to truly appreciate it. I hope you require that they get a part-time job for spending money because allowances are over.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Now it's nothing to see 1 book cost that

mctiger likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Raisin' Canes trains its people very well. We don't have one in Morgan City yet, but supposedly they're on the way. It will be very interesting to see how that one performs; good performance from any fast food staff in this town is a rare thing.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I can vouch for this....we make at least one stop at the Express every time we drive up to see our son at NSU. Not your typical gas/convenience stop.

10. StaceyO

I will have to insist on something of that sort for both of the girls and spending money. My dad has put a little money aside each week for both girls since they were born that he intends to give to them (or if he's not still around, he wants me to) when they leave for college for spending. It should amount to over $5000.

I had a couple of part-time jobs that paid for my dorm while I was in college (and served as extra money for clothes, etc.) My parents didn't insist I pay for my dorm, but I felt like it was a way to give back to them for all they were doing for me. I worked in the Residence Hall Association offices and was a tour guide for Residential Housing during the summer school sessions.