Recurring incorrect food orders?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by lsu99, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The catch there is that you are eating Taco Bell food. I don't carry much cash but I usually have a few dollars on me. Pay for almost everything with a bank debit card. A couple of nights ago I wasn't all that hungry but I wanted to eat something. I went to a Chinese place and ordered just 2 shrimp rolls at $1.2o apiece and handed the guy my Visa. He said "$5 Dolla minimum." I tried to explain to him that they are charged a small percentage and a small transaction fee that is the same whether its for $2 or $200 but no, I ended up paying in cash.

I wash my hands before and after eating but you sound like quite the germophobe. Probably most of us have built up an immunity to any bacteria commonly found on money and door handles and the other things we have been touching daily for all of our lives.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you've ever rolled up a bill to snort your, uh, medicine and didn't get sick you are probably immune.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I surely don't stress about it. I just wash my hands before I eat like mom always told me to, especially after just paying for food. I keep a tiny bottle of hand sanitizer in my truck console and I use it between handling money and handling food on the road. It may be my imagination, but I believe that I have suffered fewer colds and fewer bouts of Montezuma's revenge since paying attention to this about 20 years ago.

4. red55

No and hell no.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Don't forget your cellphone.

6. red55

I guess I have. Nobody touches it much but me. I never lay it down or I will walk away from it. It lives in a fairly clean pocket that is changed frequently. But I suppose I should wipe it down from time to time since I hold it against my head. Maybe the 7 radios in the device have addled my brain.

A girlfriend once broke me of using a sponge in the kitchen sink. After a week they are said to be the densest hive of bacteria in the house. Hell, I used to use a sponge until it fell apart. Now I just use a clean rough dishrag and toss it into the wash bin every day.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in my truck console along with Baby Wipes, they came in handy changing a waterpump on an outboard motor today.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Before cellphone I would carry a roll of quarters for pay phones. Also klenex and sanitizer. I didn't mind toucing a pay phone with my hands but you never knew whose ear had been up against it.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Indeed they would, to date one of the most unique ways I have ever received my change after buying a beer. And it was correct, to the peso.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

People use their cellphones sitting on the can and are some nasty devices. You can microwave your sponges for a minute or so and kill all the bacteria