Recurring incorrect food orders?

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by lsu99, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Some people have even used their cellphones to post to TigerFan while sitting on the can

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

It depends upon who they use. The percentages are the same, some have breakpoints and minimum charges. I got recruited by a company once. Interesting variations including free equipment for certain volumes etc... I would think a Chinese place would do enough business that they could negotiate a better deal.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If I go into a place where you order and pay at the counter I go in the bathroom first and wash my hands, then order, pay and eat. Got sick twice, both at Chinese places. Once in the 80's where I'm pretty sure the kitchen help was new to this country and no telling what kind of hygiene practices they had. Ate lunch and had the runs for the rest of the day. 7 or 8 years ago I ate lunch at the China Taste at the corner of Staring and Highland Had been there many times before with no problem and this one time I ordered something I had eaten frequently. I live about a mile from there and halfway home I had to stop and throw up right in the street and barely made it home in time to sit upon the throne to get rid of the rest of lunch. Didn't go back for 3 or 4 years but now I eat there about once every 2 months or so with no problem.

If I go through a drive thru and plan to bring the food home I wash my hands at home. Otherwise I just eat it with no hand washing. Never got sick either way.

You suffer fewer colds because you are older. You have already gotten the colds that some viruses cause and are now immune. You still come in contact with those same viruses but now they have no effect on you. I used to get colds every winter and sometimes in the summer. Now I rarely get a cold.

You like Taco Bell because they make a show of washing their hands, I've never gotten sick at a Taco Bell but almost everybody I know who has mentioned it have said they have gotten sick there. A lot of them say they will never eat at a Taco Bell again.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

youre getting sick because you're eating at a 3 dollar buffet.

StaceyO likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not a buffet. A $5.50 lunch, entree, egg roll and drink. I usually get the hot and spicy chicken and veggies in garlic sauce. Comes with rice. At a buffet I eat only shrimp and crablegs and maybe a few chicken wings.

6. tirk

it was hyperbole (there are no 3 dollar buffets). and my point stands. fie dolla mae u holla

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Great news! Checkers is coming to Baton Rouge. I like the Checkers hamburgers. If you're not familiar with Checkers if you've eaten at a Rally's you've eaten at Checkers. Same company, same menu, same prices. Company plans to open 15 locations here and have the first 7 locations picked out. Only problem is that most of rhe first 7 are in north Baton Rouge. Only one I would likely to ever be near enough to go would be Airline at Coursey.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Been a long time since BR has had either Checkers or Rallys. 15 years at least...

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Personally I have been craving a Fast Track burger for quite some time. That Gardere location probably closed down around the same time as Rally's

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    LSUDad likes this.
  10. tirk

The last fast track to survive was in Donaldsonville but it closed a few years back

LSUDad likes this.